Senior Product Manager Business Systems
Remote job description
Founded in 2017, Coalition is on a mission to solve cyber risk and create a safer digital economy where everyone can thrive. Digital risk is now a part of every business and it's no longer solely the domain of technical teams. That's why we combined comprehensive insurance with proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations stay resilient to digital risks like cyber attacks, funds transfer fraud and much more.
Our team works collaboratively across North America and Europe to prevent security failures and provide both technical and financial help when incidents do occur. Today, Coalition is the world's largest commercial insurtech serving over 130,000 customers including many small businesses that rely on Coalition to help them chart a path forward in the new digital world.
As of September 2021, Coalition has raised $520 million from leading global technology investors as well as highly-regarded institutional investors including: Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Valor Ventures, Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price Advisors, and Whale Rock Capital, valuing the company at more than $3.5 billion.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, authenticity and diversity. That's why we are proud to be named one of Inc's Best Places to Work in 2021.
About The Role
Insurance is a servicing heavy industry. We work with both brokers and policyholders, and thrive to provide the greatest experience for them. This includes the insurance policies they purchase, and more importantly, the customer support experience when they have questions, need help with finding a solution to problems and file claims. As the Product Manager for business systems, you will own all the systems used by our Sales, Business Development, Customer Support, Underwriting and Claims team. You will work with them closely to provide the greatest service experience to brokers and policyholders, as well as making them more productive. This is one of the company's strategic product areas and has a material impact on business outcomes.
You'll identify key problems we tackle, get feedback from key stakeholders, prioritize features to plan a roadmap, and work across the company to build innovative solutions. A good product manager thinks creatively, commiserates with their customers, and deeply knows the domain. A great product manager continually creates business value, delights customers, and improves company infrastructure to unlock faster development.
We expect a balance of constant incremental improvement with appetite for larger opportunities. When you find fundamental things that need attention, you're willing to fix the root issue and invest in projects that benefit the company long term. You'll guide your roadmap in a clear, consistent manner, and help everyone identify what success looks like.
- Be a champion for policyholders and brokers. Identify their needs and pain points. Channel your knowledge and consideration to your day-to-day work, as well as influencing the teams around you.
- Be a champion for our go-to-market teams. Assess their workflow, needs and pain points. Build solutions to empower them to better service policyholders and brokers.
- Define and own our business system metrics and goals.
- Develop the product strategy and roadmap to improve servicing experience for both external and internal customers.
- Work closely with engineering, design and other product managers to implement the roadmap.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to make sure we provide not only the greatest product experience but also the greatest customer service experience.
- Work closely with business authorities and other product authorities to build out new insurance products in addition to cyber insurance. Work closely with business authorities and other product authorities to assist Coalition's expansion out of North America.
We are looking for product managers who have the right balance of user empathy, creativity, aptitude to roll up their sleeves and dive deep into unfamiliar domains and do what it needs to drive success. We're growing so there is considerable opportunity to scale accountability with the company's success.
- At least 5 years of experience building software products and services, especially SaaS
- Proven experience in building integrations, APIs and intricate user workflows
- Experience to combine the dots across an intricate environment and identify opportunities and risks
- Experience to articulate intricate technical problems to stakeholders from different areas of business and intricate business requirements to engineers
- Track record of delivering products working with an agile engineering organization and guiding correlations across multiple stakeholders
- Proven track record of improving product experience with quantitative assessment and qualitative feedback
- Maturity to balance short-term and long-term development needs simultaneously
- Comfortable with change; rapid company growth needs and rewards flexibility
- Experience to guide proactively, through influence and acumen
- Highly effective communication experience, especially written, for multiple audiences
- Willingness to step in to fill gaps and promote team success
- Recommended by team members and outside customers alike to deliver on what is promised
- Experience with the business of insurance, or related regulated financial products
- Experience with insurance claim processes and platforms
- Experience with integrating softwares like Salesforce, Zendesk, etc.
- Experience with go-to-market operations, especially how to empower Sales and Customer Success teams
We're a highly fulfilling, mission-driven team who is committed to building a more diverse and inclusive culture. We want to work with people of all different backgrounds and paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and put in the work, no matter how small the task. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join #OurCoalition and help us on our mission to solve digital risk.
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company's Annual List of of the World's Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Company name: Coalition
Remote job title: Senior Product Manager Business Systems