Senior Product Manager
Remote job description
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world's first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Wise already helps hundreds of thousands of businesses and people receive money around the world by offering them access to international banking details that let them get paid like a local. However, there is much more to be done.
Your mission is to help us expand from offering international banking details to offering new methods for international payments that makes paying and getting paid internationally the most convenient, transparent and trustworthy option available. You will enable Wise to expand from offering payers the ability to pay via bank transfer to being offered whatever method is most convenient for them.
You will deeply understand the processes and needs of both businesses getting paid and payers, building out products that help them get their jobs done. You will understand the risks involved in acquiring transactions and appropriate methods for mitigating them at scale.
Here's how you'll be contributing to the Receive Money team:
- You'll talk to customers both receivers and payers to understand their expectation and bring clarity to the team on the needs of their audience
- You'll help build the vision and goals for the team, helping the team set clear measurable goals and relating them back to our customers priorities
- You'll help the team build high quality products, driven by a deep understanding of our customers and how to bring complex products to market
- You'll help develop the strategy and capabilities that Wise needs to add to expand the payment methods we receive on, you will help Wise make balanced decisions between risk, growth and technical build investment
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact - we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you'll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you'll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a leader - Build your team and inspire them to join our mission
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
- Customer-focus - You've worked on a product with thousands or even millions of customers, ran surveys or research and interviewed people who used your product
- Entrepreneurial - You have delivered high impact products before in data-driven environments
- You're data-driven - You are able to prioritise the value you can add to customers, and get the entire company behind you telling a story with the data you have enquired
- You love getting things done - You make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take responsibility to do whatever needs doing to solve customer problems
- You understand technology and how to build products well enough to be able to help the team know when to invest in tech debt reduction, bugs or new features.
We're people without borders - without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you're passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you'll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you've got great experience, the right skills for the role and you're great at articulating your thinking, we'd like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we'd especially love to hear from you if you're from an under-represented demographic.Summary
Company name: Wise
Remote job title: Senior Product Manager
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, forex, sharing economy