Senior Product Analyst
Remote job description
About This Role
Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with US offices located in San Francisco and Denver and over 100 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat you're an athlete, and Strava's mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day.
We are looking for an experienced analyst in a full-time role to be a key member of one of our cross-functional product teams. You will collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers and researchers to accelerate learning, make data-informed decisions and define data-inspired solutions to meet athlete needs. This role reports to an analytics manager and partners tightly with cross-functional stakeholders throughout the company.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Analyze data to produce insights that shape our understanding of our athletes, their usage patterns, and opportunities to improve their experience.
- Collaborate closely with product managers and cross-functional partners to inform decisions and set strategy within a product team.
- Advise business partners on A/B test design and interpretation while upholding experimentation best practices within and across teams.
- Evaluate data tracking and quality on product surfaces, and collaborate with engineers to implement solutions where needed.
- Provide the "source of truth" for internal consumers by owning critical analytical reporting and building exploratory dashboards.
- Collaborate with the rest of the data organization at Strava (e.g. machine learning, data platform) to improve our technological craftsmanship.
We're excited about you because:
- You have 4+ years of experience in analytics, data science, or other quantitative domains. Experience in consumer-facing businesses is a plus.
- You are a strong communicator with an orientation towards impact, and you are comfortable working both cross-functionally and independently.
- You have a deep understanding of data pipeline concepts (e.g. ETL, scripting common analysis workflows).
- You are highly proficient with SQL and have experience with Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau).
- You have hands-on experience with experimentation, including design, implementation, and methodologies (e.g. hypothesis testing and regression analysis) for analyzing and interpreting results to stakeholders.
- You have hands-on experience working with statistical programming languages (e.g. R, Python) for data wrangling and modeling.
- You are comfortable managing concurrent projects and meeting goals, even in the context of competing deadlines or priorities.
Strava is Swedish for "strive," which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We're a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. With billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and adventurous vision: to be the record of the world's athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes' days even better. Just as we're deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we're dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We're backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we're expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community. We are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture, and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes' lives ?" now more than ever. All to say, it's a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
California Consumer Protection Act Applicant Notice
Company name: Strava
Remote job title: Senior Product Analyst
Job tags: modeling, Data Wrangling, Regression Analysis