Senior Manager, Platform Trust
Remote job description
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there's a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
At Reddit, we work hard to earn our users' trust every day as we work towards our vision to create a welcoming experience where anyone in the world feels a sense of community and belonging. Building this foundation of trust with the people on Reddit is core to our mission, and this role will support the evolution of our approach to ensuring safety, security, and privacy are built into every feature, and available to every user.
The Senior Manager of Platform Trust is responsible for building out and scaling up our Trust by Design capability and bringing our User/Account Trust strategy to market. Reporting directly into Reddit's CISO and VP of Trust, this leader will work collaboratively with Product, Engineering, Security, Privacy, Safety, and Community teams to ensure that we have Trust baked into our product portfolio and that our users and communities have access to the tools and training they need to protect their experiences on Reddit.
What You'll Do: :
- Account / User Trust Program Develop a strategy for, and drive execution on, our program for protecting account and user security and privacy. Clarify performance expectations of protective features with regards to behavioral outcomes (including incentive design, communications/training campaigns, KPI/KRI definition).
- Trust By Design Work cross-functionally to provide trust requirements for feature, tool, and technology design across the platform, with an emphasis on security, privacy, anti-fraud/anti-abuse, and transparency. Build scalable, programmatic mechanisms to assess potential risks early in feature ideation, and bake in trust by design during the development lifecycle process. Ensure appropriate risk/trust due diligence is conducted on changes to the product and technology portfolio.
- Crisis Management: Air traffic control complex crisis situations, run after-action reporting and root cause analysis and incorporate lessons learned into maturing cross-team response programs and procedures.
- Ecosystem Outreach & Leadership Engage with peers in the industry to continue to drive collaboration and innovation in the more nascent consumer trust-focused space
What We Can Expect From You:
- 8+ years working in technology management, with deep experience across some combination of behavioral analytics, risk management, anti-abuse, anti-spam, product security, data protection, consumer privacy, or compliance context
- A track record of successful partnerships with internal stakeholders to deliver programs, features, and technologies that protect platforms and end-users. Direct experience making improvements in products/features and optimizing for safe behavioral outcomes is required. A combination of user-facing and enterprise risk/security management experience is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, and experience delivering technical requirements for Enterprise and/or Consumer facing security programs/features.
- Experience crafting compelling strategic narratives in the Trust space, paired with the ability to organize and execute complex team and technology roadmaps. Data-driven and able to apply analytical rigor in support of ideas and proposals, both in articulating problems and finding solutions.
- Experience building and managing high-performance teams. Able to drill down into details of day-to-day work with your team, and also invest time in developing the next generation of leaders.
- Humble expert with a sense of urgency
- Highly collaborative with the ability to navigate and thrive in a matrixed organization
- Community-minded and optimistic: highly empathetic and motivated by work that serves the greater good
- Skilled at taking complex topics and making them simple
- Transparent judgment and stands behind their decisions, right or wrong
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months of Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Senior Manager, Platform Trust
Job tags: data driven, Product Security, Compliance