Senior Group Product Managers, Ads Marketplace: Quality & Serving
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The Ads Marketplace team is looking to add a Senior Group Product Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for developing the long term vision and the development of the ads quality and serving systems at Reddit.
The Reddit Ads team is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. We are building a world class ad serving stack and a thriving ads marketplace that connects users with relevant products and services, and helps advertisers grow. This is a unique opportunity to join a high performing team that will shape how we monetize the Reddit platform and to help connect redditors with brands they love.
You will support and grow our quality & serving product management team to build a world-class ads stack. There are some areas that your team will be responsible for:
- Prediction, ad ranking, and retrieval - build the systems that select the right ad for the right user at the right time. Examples include building state-of-the-art prediction models, ad rankers, and the underlying ML platform to support our ML aspirations.
- Auction & quality scores - designing the auction in a way that it captures the utility for users, advertisers, and Reddit and leads to the long term success for all participants. Identify good ads experiences and build systems that optimize the ads marketplace to deliver ads that feel as good as the Reddit content we love and that drive long-term value for all participants.
- Ad loading and inventory optimization - the strategy and systems for deciding when and where to show ads on Reddit in a way that maximizes value and minimize ads impact on users.
- Ad serving - scale our ad serving stack to deliver ads reliably and with super low industry-leading latency. Process millions of request with efficiency and scale that enables our growing business.
- Ad events - capture data about all interaction user ad exposure and interactions make them available as a platform to all team to use.
As a leader and an early member of a critical Ads team with multiple-broad product areas, you will have significant ownership and responsibility in shaping Reddit's overall monetization strategy.
- Develop and champion the long term product vision and strategy for Ads Quality & Serving at Reddit.
- Manage and develop a team of world-class product managers.
- Set goals and success metrics for the area.
- Own the roadmap and drive execution in the above product areas.
- Work with diverse cross-functional teams (product, engineering, data science, design, UX research, product marketing, sales, and more) and external partners and advertisers to:
- Gather product requirements
- Design, implement, launch, and grow products that delight users, make advertisers successful, and grow Reddit's ads business.
- 8+ years of product management or equivalent experience in a technology company
- Experience working on relevant ads problems, such as ads quality, ranking, prediction, ad auctions, large scale systems, etc.
- A track record of developing and championing product strategy and vision.
- A compelling influencer with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and execution skills.
- A track record of having quantifiable business impact.
- Technical degree (computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, economics or related field).
- First hand experience with Machine Learning products.
- Proven experience working on large initiatives, across teams, and on highly cross-functional products
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Background in software engineering or data science
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $222,800 - $334,200.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Senior Group Product Managers, Ads Marketplace: Quality & Serving
Job tags: Machine Learning, Team Leadership, marketplace