Senior Business Analyst
Halo Media LLC
Remote job description
Halo Media is seeking a Business Analyst to help our teams deliver with high quality and on time. You will also deliver amazing digital products by working closely with other engineers and UI/UX designers.
We encourage talented individuals of all backgrounds to apply!
- Clarifying a business idea. To understand which direction to choose, a business analyst should clarify the primary purposes of the future product. Also, a BA sets up the primary product benchmarks, such as customer acquisition strategy and value proposition, and helps decide on basic product KPIs.
- Planning development activities. When primary business requirements are already established, it's necessary to shape the development direction and allocate the areas of responsibilities.
- Validating requirements. When approving the drafted documentation with business requirements included, the BA assures compliance of the development outcomes with a customer's business goals. With both sides on the same page, everything goes in the right direction.
- Standardizing the software development process. One of the main BA responsibilities is to assure that the single workflow with promised requirements is applied.
- Business Analyst's Skillset. Knowing that, here are the characteristics that make a person perfect for the role of BA.
- Analytical thinker. As strange as it sounds, a business analyst has to have an ... analytical mind. Actually, this is one of the most important skills for BAs. A product BA can be considered an expert when they understand difficulties or issues, visualize them, analyze them, and then resolve them.
- Decision-maker. The business analyst role often requires making decisions. Being a middleman between stakeholders and an engineering team, BAs are supposed to make sound judgments in varied business subjects. .
- Problem-solver. For a business analyst, each customer comes with a different problem or issue to be resolved quickly and for the long term. So, a business analyst's responsibility is to study the problem, analyze the available options, and then suggest the best choice.
- Documentation and visualization master. The business analyst role presumes making presentations to both stakeholders and developers. To do that properly, a good BA should provide consistent requirements documentation. Along with that, building wireframes is a crucial part of a BA's activity.
Halo Media Expectations
Halo Media (halopowered.com) is seeking a highly motivated individual passionate about leading teams that build digital products to become a member of our rapidly growing team in the heart of NYC - with field offices in Lithuania and Latin America. You are a proven leader with a passion for organization, you get a thrill out of hitting deadlines, and you feel good when you know that your planning and day-to-day team management are a big part of what enabled a project to succeed. In joining our highly skilled team of designers, developers, and product strategists, you'll be a critical part of team-building new digital experiences for our clients.
What we offer?
- 100% remote work!
- Salary in USD paid directly in a US Bank Account!
- More than 3 weeks of Paid Time Off!
Company name: Halo Media LLC
Remote job title: Senior Business Analyst
Job tags: Business Analyst, Agile, Scrum, Jira