Program Manager, Global Launch Readiness
Remote job description
The Product Operations Program team builds the global programs that connect product teams and functional teams across Stripe. We build internal tools and processes that all teams leverage to provide a great experience to our users.
We are looking for a Program Manager to help build the Global Launch Readiness Program focused on enabling efficient and effective cross-functional reviews. As a Global Launch Readiness PgM, you'll help ensure each product launch has the access and support from a deep bench of functional experts. You'll manage the process teams follow to seek reviews and approvals prior to launch. You will be a key stakeholder to inform our internal tool (i.e. Product Calendar) roadmap to make coordination across groups possible. You will work closely with functional org leaders on their staffing and engagement models and maintain a staunch focus on producing great products for our end-users.
A successful Program Manager has experience leading global programs spanning engineering and go-to-market teams. They are able to distill complexity into clarity, and drive impact and velocity across teams. They are discerning, and able to deliver powerful insights as a result. They are curious, driven, focused, and detail-oriented. They will think deeply about change management and motivations of stakeholders to stay grounded in our ideal internal user experience. They are able to influence without authority and help coalesce groups around shared goals. They thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
This is a highly cross-functional individual contributor role, and it will be a critical lever for us to deliver on our mission to increase the GDP of the internet.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to build great processes and ensure confidence in product launches
- Build community across Stripe's deep bench of functional experts and instill a sense of "service orientation" to shipping products
- Drive authority and accountability at Stripe. Establish escalation points and clarify strategic decisions for Stripe's future org-design
- Establish a process for continuous improvement and reflection that ensures our program evolves as Stripe evolves in the years to come
- Create and leverage dashboards in order to identify areas of improvement and highlight areas of excellence
- Leverage data to drive strategic decisions and reporting at the executive level
- Author and present org-wide resources to drive clarity and facilitate change management
You may be a fit if you:
- Have 5 years of experience in similar or related technology roles, with 3+ years partnering closely with product and/or cross-functional teams in delivering product launches
- Have a track record of providing program management during all phases of software development from kick-off to launch, demonstrating critical thinking and thought leadership
- Have experience of building and executing programs from scratch and measuring their impact
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a deep understanding of change management. Track record of effectively roll out large scale programs
- Have worked on a wide variety of projects and directed your own work from day to day.
- Have a passion for learning new things and adding skills to your repertoire
Nice to have (or excited to learn):
- Experience with SQL or a willingness/aptitude to learn
- Experience in a high growth technology company
- Experience in the payments space
- Experience in strategy consulting or banking
- Relevant Business Process Design or Management Certifications
"Nice to have" really means "nice to have". It's completely possible that you don't have any of these and are still a great fit for the team.
Company name: Stripe
Remote job title: Program Manager, Global Launch Readiness
Job tags: Software Project Management, change management, Thought Leadership