Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work?"whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop?"while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
As a Product Specialist, you will draw on customer-facing skills, relationship building skills and technical acumen to help our shoppers and customers have successful experiences on the platform. You will serve as a liaison between engineering and Care by effectively communicating customer needs and pain points. This role is for highly motivated and self-directed individuals, seeking an impactful role aimed at revolutionizing the way consumers shop for groceries and more. Responsibilities include developing strong partnerships with cross-functional partners such as Engineering, Product Operation Managers and more to help facilitate platform improvements.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Triage and drive resolution on incoming support tickets for product issues, owning the follow-up on action items and leveraging these incidents as areas of improvement and growth identifiers.
- Serve as the main point of contact for Engineering and Care teams during active bug incidents and/or outages.
- Work with cross-functional partners to properly plan and execute product changes and process building as it relates to these changes.
- Own the overall success and feedback loop management of new features/enhancements and bug fixes, being the technical point of contact for investigating and triaging platform functionality.
- Consistently review technical performance (i.e. subcase spikes) and overall bug management.
- Regularly engage with Engineers and Product Operation Managers, collaborating on ways to enhance or improve the customer experience.
- Lead status update meetings around bugs and incident severity/impact, creating awareness for leadership and peers, of relevant issues negatively impacting the customer experience.
- Develop expertise in the products you support and maintain up-to-date knowledge of Instacart's product and platform changes.
- Assist with lightweight deep dive analysis as needed; to better understand trends in customer behavior, potential pain points and opportunity areas/product recommendations
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or 4+ years of equivalent practical experience in a technical support role
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Practical hands on SQL experience
- Critical and inquisitive thinker that is able to take complex problems and break them down into actionable pieces
- Ability to operate seamlessly in a fast-paced, agile environment
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.Summary
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Product Specialist
Job tags: Technical Support, SQL