Remote job description
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for small and medium sized businesses, the backbone of our global economy.
We do that by working with fintech companies and financial institutions to help them connect into the systems their small business customers use. With this connectivity, our clients are building next generation products to take the friction out of running a small business, from business management software to alternative lending and corporate cards.
Codat is a Series C-funded company, backed by some of the leading investors and most successful tech companies in the world, including J.P. Morgan, Shopify, Plaid, PayPal Ventures, Amex Ventures, Index Ventures and Tiger Global. We have offices in London, New York, Sydney.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, and bringing a focus and urgency to our work that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
As a Product Owner in the Integrations Group, you will be responsible for building and maintaining best in class integrations to Accounting/Commerce/Banking platforms. You will be accountable for both execution and quality/usefulness of the integrations you own.
You will work closely with Product Strategy, Engineering, Client Success, Solutions, and Support teams to manage delivery of new features/integrations, as well as ensuring there is appropriate focus on continuous Improvement, and ongoing maintenance.
This role is critical to Codat's ability to continue to ship software fast, while maintaining outstanding levels of customer satisfaction, with both the size of our client base and engineering headcount roughly doubling Year on Year.
The role suits execution minded people, with a passion for detail & documentation, and strong scrum master/facilitation skills.
The key components of the role are as follows:
- Own specification of features/integrations, working with Client facing teams, Business Analysts, and also contributing yourself
- Prioritisation and planning of team(s) deliverables for short (sprint) and medium (6-8 week) horizon; Development of longer term roadmap for the team/integration(s) you own
- Facilitate technical design/problem solving discussions, ensuring a problem or proposal's dynamics are well understood, all inputs heard, trade-offs identified, and most Importantly, that an outcome is achieved and documented
- Stakeholder management/support - work with Client facing teams to specify, prioritise and plan delivery of client requirements
- Manage logistics of new product/feature/integration launch, working with all required stakeholders across Codat
- Be the subject matter expert on integrations you owne, acting as first point of contact for questions related to the team's Integrations (ideally answered through reference to documentation), troubleshooting, etc.
- Own quality and usefulness of the integrations you own, ensuring they work, scale, and enable clients to achieve desired use cases
No matter what we're doing - whether we're speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always "cool" but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We're united and we have each other's backs - when something goes wrong, we don't blame, we work together to fix it. Transparency in our interactions is critical to drive towards our goals as a team. We openly share all information with all colleagues by default, unless we have a very good reason not to. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don't let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. We inspect and question the status quo with curiosity, unafraid to ask the hard questions. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Natural collaborator who thrives on bringing people together to execute on high importance high urgency work
- Highly organised with an affinity for detail, planning and documentation
- Structured - able to quickly cut through complex problems; ability to separate signal from noise
- Interest in tech and understanding (or a desire to develop understanding) of RESTful APIs and Cloud native engineering
- Interest in accounting/commerce/banking (or a desire to develop understanding) and the problems SMEs face in these domains
- Ability to carefully and explicitly manage trade-offs between speed, quality, and client friction, working collaboratively with stakeholders
- Influencing skills to help build consensus across teams
- Outcome driven, hands on, and willing to get involved in any tasks as required to get the job done!
- If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you
Company name: Codat
Remote job title: Product Owner
Job tags: saas, open-source, api