Product Manager Intern
Remote job description
About this role
Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with over 85 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat you're an athlete, and Strava's mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day. The Product Manager Intern works hand in hand, often pairing with the other product team members to find the fastest way to achieve value around athlete and business needs. The role focuses on assessing athletes' needs and performing qualitative and quantitative research to discover feature ideas and validate them for a designated product. The Product Manager Intern should aim to deliver value to drive subscription and increase engagement by creating quality products. The Product Manager Intern will work closely with more experienced Product Managers to gain proficiency in value creation, prioritization, defining MLP, user story construction, and overall product management.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Track product features through their entire creative cycle: ideation, development, release, analysis, and iteration.
- Identify goals, metrics, and analytics to resolve product value.
- Formulate A/B tests and refine assumptions and hypotheses.
- Identify pros, cons, issues, obstacles, dependencies, and value associated with features and improvements.
- Partner with the product development team to ensure a fabulous user experience in the product.
- Utilize user insights, data, and statistical analyses to inform decisions.
- Participate in stand-ups, iteration planning sessions, product demos, and retrospectives.
- Condense product concepts into neutral language for partners.
- Gain understanding of athletes needs to help figure out minimum lovable product (MLP) as well as future needs.
- Translate athlete needs and business goals into user stories.
- Refine the product backlog based on findings.
- Foster collaboration with team members.
We're excited about you because:
- Enrolled in MS/MA/BS/BA program in STEM or equivalent.
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and thrive in fast-paced environments.
- Strong problem-solving abilities - you can cut through the noise and laser focus on what matters.
- Experience working with internet technologies or the autonomous driving industry is desirable.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative methodologies to understand customers and an ability to explore and structure customers' insights
- Strong ability to translate product needs to technology and to understand technology.
Strava is Swedish for "strive," which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We're a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world's athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes' days even better. And just as we're deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we're dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We're backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we're expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community ?" we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes' lives ?" now more than ever. All to say, it's a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.
Company name: Strava
Remote job title: Product Manager Intern
Job tags: data visualization