Product Manager II Platform Infrastructure
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action-giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen.
- And how are we growing so fast? - By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots.
- This innovation has led to a successful IPO and continued growth over the past few quarters as a public company.
- Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we're being led by the best in the space-our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka?.
- We're looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
- We are enabling our customers to realize their data in motion modernization on their private infrastructure. Confluent provides an infrastructure-as-code approach to deploying the entire Confluent Platform on any infrastructure.
- Define the roadmap: Plot a course with your engineering counterparts that will realize the strategy.
- Understand our users: Conduct interviews and analyze usage data to define personas, user journeys, and key jobs to be done.
- Work across teams: Create shared understanding and direction across engineering, product, business development, support, sales, and marketing teams within Confluent and externally with our partners.
- Manage complexity: Deliver value while handling the surprises and challenges of a quickly evolving product, a complex enterprise ecosystem, and a rapidly growing organization.
What We're Looking For:
- 2+ years of software product management experience
- Modern cloud-native infrastructure experience - bonus if you've got experience with infrastructure-as-code platforms such as Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, etc
- Ability to build great user experiences across APIs, CLIs, and GUIs.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Company name: confluent
Remote job title: Product Manager II Platform Infrastructure
Job tags: open-source, big data, infrastructure