What's the opportunity?
Intercom is on a mission to make Internet business more personal. The role we're looking to fill is a career defining opportunity for someone passionate about this mission as well as product management who wants to lead a world-class team of engineers, designers, and researchers in Dublin.
The App Ecosystem supports Intercom's mission in two main ways, firstly, by making Intercom interoperable with the rest of our customers tech stack. Secondly, making Intercom customisable by enabling developers and customers to build apps that compliment or tailor Intercom's functionality.
The opportunity is to drive the product strategy and management for all of our App Ecosystem product and to balance and align the needs of multiple constituents; our Customers, Developers and Intercom.
What will I be doing?
- Understand our business strategy, identify business problems and opportunities that can change the trajectory of the business
- Manage the roadmap: effectively prioritize business opportunities from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- Work with multiple stakeholders including product marketing and partnerships
- Translate these problems / opportunities into tangible customer problems, through research and regular interaction with customers; define and frame those problems for the team
- Collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagining future solutions that solve these problems
- Scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can
- Constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the customer problem & delivered on the business opportunity through quantitative and qualitative measures
- Own and maintain the quality of the product areas your team are responsible for; deliver world-class software in every release.
- Motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
What skills do I need?
You are experienced at representing customer needs to create the best value for the business and using customer insights to deeply understand customer problems and define the priorities to tackle them.
- You understand the competitive landscape and industry trends and can use that understanding to competitive advantages
- Experience setting a strategy and influencing people to think big and then creating a roadmap for this, and creating alignment in the team around it
- You always start with the problem, have demonstrated experience in scoping down to learn faster and always shipping the whole customer experience
- Experience in Developer-Tooling / Platforms / App Ecosystems product management
- Keen understanding of technical products and able to effectively communicate with engineers / developers as customers.
- Strong evangelist both internally and externally
- Strong analytical skills paired with a data-informed approach, comfortable with a financial and commercial mindset
- Passion for tackling business opportunities through solving customer problems (large and small.) Be able to think deeply about product design decisions and have an understanding of how to create simple user interfaces
Be a clear communicator of product decisions and the rationale behind them. Be comfortable in making decisions without consensus. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive.
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there's something important to you that's not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we're happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Product Manager (App Ecosystem)
Tags: analytics, customer support, email, saas / subscription