Product Lead, Terminal In-Person Commerce Payments Platform
Remote job description
Stripe Terminal helps our users extend their online presence to the physical world. The Terminal team's mission is to make it as easy for businesses to accept in-person payments as the Stripe API has done for online payments. With Terminal, businesses can unlock in-person payments use cases that are right for their business model-whether it's creating a superb retail experience, extending their website to a pop-up store, or enabling a mobile point-of-sale at their next event.
We're looking for a Product Leader to shape the future of Stripe's in-person payments platform on a global basis. This work includes payments infrastructure, payment methods and modes ranging from local payment methods to buy now pay later solutions to QR and NFC based transactions in the physical world. In this role, you will manage a global team of Product Managers, collaborate day-to-day with Engineers, influence industry standards and payment partnerships, and collaborate with hardware and certifications teams on the next evolution of Stripe omnichannel commerce.
Our ideal Product Lead has managed technical products or large-scale platforms, and is obsessed with solving for user needs. They are very technical, able to put themselves in the shoes of our developer users, but also have an extreme attention to detail when it comes to user experiences. They operate well in close partnership with their engineering teams, as well as drive initially ambiguously defined projects across the broader company. Deep payments knowledge is a bonus for this role.
- Build and coach your team on best practices in defining product requirements and how to deliver against those requirements and the overall roadmap
- Set a motivating multi-year vision and then work with your team to break it down into measurable, meaningful milestones for in-person payments. This includes creating buy-in, crafting roadmaps and OKRs, and navigating trade-offs
- Partner with software and hardware engineers and cross functional partners to research, discover, and deeply understand what we need to do to unlock value for our end users
- Use metrics to inform your point of view and leverage analytics to measure success
- Grow Stripe's in-person commerce business on a global scale
We're looking for someone who has:
- 12+ years of product management experience or equivalent, and 3+ years of leading a team of product managers. This person will inherit a team of PMs with room to grow in the coming quarters
- Demonstrated success and strong execution track record in building and sustaining scalable platform products
- Strong go-to-market experience, business acumen, and experience navigating executive-level reviews as a product leader
- Great interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication. You can collaborate and thrive in productive, healthy debate done with mutual respect and shared goals. You can make complex concepts accessible with clear communication
- Experience working on products with developer interfaces (APIs, SDKs); payments-related product experience a plus
- Technically adept systems thinker, ideally with a Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience working as a software engineer
Nice to haves:
- Experience in 1 - 2 of the following areas are nice to have:
- Mobile SDKs
- Global country launches
Company name: Stripe
Remote job title: Product Lead, Terminal In-Person Commerce Payments Platform
Job tags: Marketing Strategy, Business Acumen