Principal Product Manager, SMB
Remote job description
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, and Washington, D.C.
At Lookout, our approach from the beginning has been to analyze all aspects of the cybersecurity ecosystem and use a cloud-based machine learning solution to identify threats in that data and protect our users from those threats via lightweight cloud-connected endpoint apps. With the support of leading integration and go-to-market partners, our innovative solutions have defined, and continue to lead, in each of their market categories. We are looking for an exceptional product manager to come and join our team.
What you'll be doing
Over the last two years we have delivered via our carrier partnerships our first entry into the Small Business Market. The Small Business Market is one full of potential and provides a rich opportunity for a Principal Product Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing these opportunities globally and working to expand Lookout's current offerings in SMB further to meet the needs of our customers and partners.
- Manage product requirements: Identify those areas of our current solution that need to be adjusted, added or changed. Prioritize features based on insights from competitive research and feedback from customers and prospects.
- Manage product delivery: Work with cross-functional stakeholders to maintain a groomed backlog. Work with engineering to execute on plans, and deliver high-quality features.
- Drive customer engagement and success: Drive customer adoption by engaging with UX design and research. Work with Partners to identify areas of opportunity and improvement.
- Define and maintain metrics that will help identify successes and areas for improvement.
- Partner internally: Coordinate with the larger enterprise product team, marketing, and sales to ensure alignment with the company's overall strategic direction.
- Computer and network security background. A focus on bringing an Enterprise product to the SMB will be beneficial
- Experience shipping high-quality SaaS products with great UI/UX.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the challenges in the SMB market
- Demonstrated experience translating compelling products and features into well-documented product requirements.
- Demonstrated experience working with a UX team on usability testing and converting feedback into requirements.
- Experience working with Carrier channel partners (nice to have)
- Experience working with MSSP's (nice to have)
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills. Able to clearly articulate technical solutions to internal and external audiences.
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude and enthusiasm to overcome obstacles to get the job done, even if it means solving problems outside of your defined role.
- Ability to drive consensus and forward motion among cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to self-organize and work independently to prioritize inbound and outbound tasks to get the job done.
- Experience working with designers on wireframes and mockups.
- Knowledge of all modern endpoints: Windows, macOS, i(pad)OS, Android, Chrome OS.
- Knowledge of modern infrastructure: IaaS, PaaS, Linux/Unix, VMs, etc.
- At least 5 years of product management or equivalent technical experience.
- ??BS/BA or equivalent in CS or related technical field. MBA is a plus.
Company name: Lookout
Remote job title: Principal Product Manager, SMB
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, licensing, communications, enterprise, mobile, security, software