Principal Product Manager, New Products
Remote job description
About the Role:
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to launch new products that deliver on our mission to reduce financial stress in the lives of our users. You'll own the entire lifecycle from research and demand testing to releasing MVPs and driving business outcomes at scale.
This is a rare opportunity to hone your 0-1 skills on impactful products. Success in this role can lead to opportunities to lead a team of Product Managers working on new products.
A passion for delivering world class mobile UX and a track record of driving engagement and retention by centering on users is a prerequisite. Experience creating habit loops will make you a shoo-in for this role.
Teamwork, flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we'd love to hear from you!
What you'll be doing:
- Synthesize a strategy centered on user needs gathered from surveys, interviews, tests and other user feedback
- Rapidly de risk product ideas
- Launch MVPs and iterate rapidly to drive user engagement and retention
- Hands on to start, build a team as we grow
We'd like to hear from candidates with:
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, several of them in a senior role accountable for shipping world class consumer mobile product
- Experience formulating and implementing engagement and retention strategies at scale
- Effective communication skills and ability to liaise seamlessly between functions
- High degree of ownership within ambiguous environments and the ability to keep up with the changing nature of startups
- Experience hiring, coaching and leading a team of Product Managers will be a plus but is not required
Papaya started in 2016 with a goal to alleviate the stress of paying bills. We've adopted our phones for everything else, why not eliminate the need for calls, mailing checks, and tedious web forms? We are expanding mobile share of the $4T US consumer bill space, and are one of the fastest growing startups in Los Angeles.
The key to our success? Our people. From engineering, sales, to operations, Papaya's team is comprised of some of the most intelligent, humble, diverse, and resourceful people you'll ever meet. With the help of successful investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank; Papaya is building something special. Our impact-driven team receives competitive salary, benefits, equity, and agency.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We're proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA's Best Small Companies to Work for in 2022! Learn more and come join us. Find out what the next step in your career could look like here at Papaya.
Company name: Papaya
Remote job title: Principal Product Manager, New Products
Job tags: mobile