Principal Brand Designer
Remote job description
All Turtles is a mission-driven product studio. We solve clear, meaningful problems felt by people and companies alike, and make products with simple, direct business models. We're a fully distributed team, with team members across the United States and in many countries internationally.
As an experienced designer working on projects or partnering with studio companies, you'll establish brand identity and positioning for products in alpha and beta, and beyond. You'll push pixels but also participate in strategic conversations to shape how new products communicate who they are and what they do.
If you enjoy thinking holistically about brand and working across every facet of identity and marketing?"from logos and naming conventions to style guides and design systems to websites and campaigns?"this role could be a fit. We're looking for someone who loves hands-on design work but who also can contribute strategically to early-stage projects and companies.
YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Defining, developing, and delivering the strategic visual design systems of our products and working with engineers to ensure design integrity.
- Refining and refreshing existing visual designs.
- Contributing to and improving our design culture (best practices, tools, deliverables, communications, relationships, etc.)
- Handling a continually changing workload.
- Leading dedicated project teams in design thinking.
IDEALLY, YOU'LL HAVE:
- 5-10 years experience in brand design.
- An outstanding eye for detail and consistency, combined with a deep understanding of branding, typography, color, usability, grid systems and responsive frameworks.
- Strong sense of concept development, in addition to communication, collaboration, research, problem-solving, and presentation skills.
- Solid visual design foundation (typography, layout, etc.).
- Proficiency with leading design software including Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- Ability to see an assignment from inception through to completion in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to juggle multiple, varying projects.
- Experience building out a wide range of brand identity systems from scratch.
- Worked with early-stage companies.
The Principal Brand Designer role is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Director of Brand Design. This role is a remote position, and can be based in any location. Since our distributed team works primarily across US time zones, US-based applicants are preferred. We offer comprehensive insurance benefits to our employees and their qualifying dependents, in addition to flexible vacation, a 401(k), parental leave, and a suite of optional benefits and perks programs.
All Turtles and is committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We're committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants throughout the application process.
Company name: mmhmm
Remote job title: Principal Brand Designer
Job tags: Brand Identity, Early-Stage, Brand Management