Platform Engineer Governance Engineering
Remote job description
Wise is one of the fastest growing companies in the world and we're on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We've got 13 million customers across the globe and we're growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
- So, we're building a new one.
Enter: our Governance Engineering team!
We are looking for a "hands on" Platform Engineer to join our growing Governance Engineering team in London.
The team is responsible to ensure that our cloud infrastructure meets all the necessary compliance/governance requirements for a growing FinTech business and help other infra teams to build and maintain the foundations of Wise's cloud infrastructure efficiently and safely in accordance with the applicable frameworks and guidelines.
To this end you will be working with us to develop tooling and provide hands-on technical expertise to design, deploy, and optimise how our infrastructure is provisioned and managed on AWS and possibly other major cloud providers.
We operate on a strong belief in automation, programmatic implementation, and repeatable design patterns. We're looking for people who can step back and think holistically about the ecosystem, but also follow through and help implement the design; drawing on the resources across the rest of the platform tribe.
As we grow, our AWS estate becomes more complex, and we need to absorb the scale of our growing user base, with a laser focus on uptime and availability. Since cost plays an important role in achieving our mission, this role plays a critical part in how we monitor and optimise our spending as we grow. We are looking for someone who can rationalise the patterns of the estate and help guide our teams to the best approach to impact our mission.
- Experience with cloud providers (preferably AWS), both in utilising its services and understanding of how Cloud infrastructure works
- Experience with standard Linux command line tools and bash scripting
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, e.g. Python or Golang
- Experience using Infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Using configuration management or software delivery platforms to manage systems (such as Ansible, Puppet, Packer)
- Experience in scaling and building with automation e.g. including tooling in pipelines instead of manual operational changes
- Basic understanding of standard networking protocols and components, especially networking in AWS
- Any of the additional would also be amazing!
- Good knowledge of Observability stacks and tooling - Grafana, ELK, Prometheus, Tracing
- Good knowledge of Cloud Security and DevSecOps practices
- Good discipline and skill in producing written documentation and diagrams
- Experience managing authentication and authorization across a large organisation including handling employee lifecycles and role-based access control
- Cloud cost management
- Experience working in regulated businesses, PCI etc
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work - a practical guide
- Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- Engineering team blog
- The Wise stack, 2020 edition
- We're people without borders - without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you're passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you'll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren't that important to us. If you've got great experience, and you're great at articulating your thinking, we'd like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we'd especially love to hear from you if you're from an under-represented demographic.
Company name: Wise
Remote job title: Platform Engineer Governance Engineering
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, forex, sharing economy
location or timezone
posted304 days ago