Platform Engineer CI
Remote job description
Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we're on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We've got 8 million customers across the globe and we're growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
- So, we're building a new one.
- And, we're looking for a CI Platform Engineer to join us in our Automation & Tooling team, in London, Tallin or Budapest.
- For our customers, using Wise should feel as simple as sending a text message. Yet behind our app and website lies a complex, one-of-a-kind engine of currencies and routes that's being designed, built and powered by our talented teams in cities around the world. With new capabilities being built every day, there's still a lot to figure out, and we can't do it alone. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise's mission, grow as a product leader and help save millions more people money.
- Our Automation & Tooling team is responsible for building the CI/CD pipeline + platform automation and tooling for Wise engineers. We want to deliver sustainable solutions for product teams, with a healthy dose of paranoia knowing how complex, distributed systems can fail
- Here's how you'll be contributing to the Engineering Team
- You'll be working hands-on in the team and we expect you to build and own the vision for CI&CD tooling in Wise.. We are invested in AWS and Kubernetes, making the most of these abstractions. You'll also work with our product engineering teams to understand their needs and requirements and onboard them to new solutions.
Ideally you have experience with
- CI/CD at scale
- Building out scalable and automated Cloud platforms on preferably AWS
- Experience in infrastructure automation tools (Terraform/Ansible/Puppet/Chef)
- Containerisation technology and various orchestration platforms e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Basic sysadmin skills in debugging issues with disk, network, app/JVM performance etc
- Will not settle at all for downtime and outages, do not want to be woken up in the middle of the night
- What would be nice to have;
- Experience with software engineering languages such as Java, Python, Go, Groovy etc
- Good knowledge of relational (RDBMS) and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge and an eye on newer architectural concepts such as microservices, service mesh, lambda programming
- Have ran performance and load tests at scale, and able to forecast capacity for the future
- Network knowledge of DNS, network topology, switches, routers etc.
Key areas of the role:
- Define and create standard operating procedures that are compliant and auditable
- Ownership of mission-critical shared platform services - run, maintain and schedule upgrades
- Isolation of environments and work with various engineering teams to figure out how to best suit their needs
- Sees failover and DR events as something that needs to happen with regularity and should be seamless
- Engage regularly with our blameless postmortem culture, always focused on continuous improvement
- Collect and define requirements for new solutions with clear documentation
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work - a practical guide
- Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- Engineering team blog
- Scaling our Infrastructure; how we make it work
- We're people without borders - without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you're passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you'll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren't that important to us. If you've got great experience, and you're great at articulating your thinking, we'd like to hear from you.
Company name: Wise
Remote job title: Platform Engineer CI
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, forex, sharing economy