Manager, Product Security
Remote job description
Iterable is a cross-channel platform that powers unified customer experiences and empowers marketers to improve on every interaction taking place throughout the customer journey. With Iterable, brands create individualized marketing touchpoints that earn engagement, solidify trust and galvanize loyal consumer-brand relationships.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner, and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to implement where it matters most-creating experiences and promoting connections with over 2 billion people worldwide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power excellent customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past four years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado's Best Paying Companies! We've also been listed on Wealthfront's Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work, and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a global presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, Denver, and London, and remote employees located all over the world. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, and learn more about our mission, explore our Culture and About Us page.
How you will make an impact:
Customers trust Iterable with sensitive information, expecting us to safeguard their data. The Iterable Product Security team works across the company to ensure that all systems remain secure, to support Iterable's core values, and to provide assurance to our customers that we will be the good stewards of their data. As an engineering organization, we believe in security through automation, and our footprint spans across the entire company at all levels, across our application and infrastructure. You'll report directly to the Director of Security Engineering.
We are looking for individuals to join our collaboration-focused team to move the current state of security to the next level. A core function of your role will be to hire and manage security engineers within the group and develop internal leaders. Additionally, you will be partnering with Engineering and Product teams to support the ongoing security needs of our existing customers while balancing product goals alongside other engineering-driven projects. We want to not only improve product security but also to develop the necessary tooling to help partner teams (e.g., compliance) to collect and analyze data points with ease. We're looking for someone who is an engineering-focused, collaborative leader first, and then a manager. To summarize, we want you to share and contribute to our long-term goals!
One of our core values is Growth Mindset, and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
In this role you'll get to:
- Grow your team in a cloud-native and remote friendly environment.
- Help establish a culture of equity, quality, execution, improvement, and growth.
- Work with Product and Engineering to balance security risk with product advancement.
- Collect feedback from the team and stakeholders to create a unified vision for how the Product Security program grows and operates.
- Work with Engineering leaders to set technical direction.
- Provide strategic advice for both prevention and remediation of information security issues related to our application and infrastructure.
- Engage with the security community at large to learn about and bring best practices to Iterable's engineering and security engineering programs.
We are looking for people who have:
- Experience building strong relationships with cross-functional partners and managing programs that require stakeholder support.
- A demonstrated track record of using a people-first approach to build a high-performance engineering team.
- Experience contributing to security initiatives in cloud-native computing environments.
- A strong grasp of your own knowledge gaps, and a willingness to seek and defer to the advice of subject matter experts on your own team and throughout the organization.
- Experience driving the development and adoption of scalable processes in a rapid growth environment.
- Experience as a Technical Lead or Engineering Manager.
- Experience keeping your team's projects on track through early detection of issues.
- Experience building an enterprise SaaS product, especially in the marketing or communications space.
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Scala, Terraform, and/or DevOps in general.
- A love for patch management, configuration management, and/or infrastructure as code.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Great compensation packages, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
We've rethought traditional workplace planning and are looking to strengthen belonging, innovation, productivity, and happiness whether it's in an office, from home, or a hybrid of the two. As such, we've moved to a single geographical compensation band for all of our employees (the San Francisco Bay Area market for the US, London for the UK).
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $168,000/year. The compensation package includes equity, plus a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits. Additionally, perks such as daily paid lunches and generous stipends for health & fitness and learning & development, among others, are included.
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Company name: Iterable
Remote job title: Manager, Product Security