Lead Web Product Designer
Remote job description
Design is at our core at Shopmonkey. We put design and the customer first above all else. As a product designer, you have a critical role in defining our relationship with our customers through the product. The ideal candidate is strong in product and design thinking and is excited about shaping the future of our web products. Come join our team of skilled designers transforming the auto shop industry.
You have the Opportunity to:
- Lead and set the design direction for our web products
- Brainstorm, design and deliver — from start to finish — new features and enhancements
- Work with product, research, support and development teams to create and refine designs and flows
- Collaborate with other platform teams to create a consistent user experience
- Balance design decisions with technical and business constraints
- Partner with product management, support and success to fully understand our customers: their pains and joys; needs and desires
- Help create and run user research studies and usability tests virtually or in person
- Support product management in documenting requirements
- Work with QA and support to make sure designs are documented and clear to allow for thorough testing
- Coordinate with all necessary cross functional teams — the engineering, support, product management, marketing, sales — to see designs delivered and released
- Help validate feature usability and usage after shipping
- 5+ years of relevant work experience:
- Productivity, business apps for SMB and Enterprise
- With a focus on product and user experience design, specifically for web and mobile apps
- In a SaaS model
- Experience with the full product design stack (wireframes to hi-fidelity interactive prototypes)
- Highly skilled in vector-based design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD) and animation programs (e.g. Framer, Principle, Studio)
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts and design through story, sketches, wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and prototypes
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
Shopmonkey, the leading auto-repair shop software company, is a venture-funded, cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business — from appointment scheduling, to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments — all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
The US is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job title: Lead Web Product Designer