Lead Product Manager Shared Systems
Remote job description
Join the team building the world's largest B2B marketplace.
We connect buyers and sellers of essential chemistry at the onset of inspiration, accelerating product innovation globally.
Knowde is transforming the $5 trillion chemical industry. Chemistry (chemicals, polymers & ingredients) are those raw materials used to create every human-made product on earth. Can't wait for that foldable phone? Thank DuPont. Need baby wipes for your infant? Thank Lonza. Love those solar shingles that power your home? Thank Dow Chemical. Chemical, polymer and ingredient companies are the hidden innovators behind the end- products everyone relies on every day.
Knowde is building a rich, digital marketplace where R&D, marketing and procurement teams can search, find, compare, sample, quote and purchase chemistry from every producer on Earth" all in one place.
Knowde is your chance to join a hyper-growth focused & well-funded startup backed by Sequoia Capital, Bee Partners, Refactor Capital, Cantos & Knollwood Investments.
Knowde is looking to add an immensely talented Lead/Senior Product Manager to help direct product development and ensure high return on investment (ROI.) You'll translate ideas into strategy and features, and follow product development from start to finish. The products we will create together simply do not exist today. This is your chance to fundamentally affect how product innovation occurs across all industries, globally.
To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver. If you're also confident and have a knack for knowing what ideas will and won't work, we'd like to meet you.
DIGITAL PIONEERS WELCOME!
Our Lead/Senior Product Manager is a hands-on role where you will help conceive, strategize, plan and manage major new features of Knowde that create value for our customers . In this role, you will join the product management team as a player/coach. You'll collaborate with various members of the Product and Engineering teams to manage the lifecycle of key features within Knowde from concept, to build, to launch/marketing/support and ultimately to value for our customers. You'll dream in flow charts, data grids, conditional logic definitions, data dictionaries, feature specifications, PRDs, TRDs, user stories, use cases and user interaction experiments.
As a talented team member, you will become the repository of all the business rules, edge cases and logic flows that underpin the capabilities of Knowde system that you own.
- You've managed significant product feature sets from concept to value.
- You know how to develop product requirements and roadmaps; you think right-to-left.
- You've worked in a Series A startup before and can't wait to jump back in.
- You can lead product managers and coordinate with engineering, marketing and other teams.
- You know how to incorporate feedback and input from customers, partners and in-house teams on product strategy and finding ways to expand product market reach.
- You've demonstrated quantitative & qualitative research skills through prior projects.
- You're comfortable working in an agile environment and with cross-functional teams.
- You love clarity and work to drive out guesswork and ambiguity when working with Engineering teams and you've been doing this for years.
- You pay attention to detail but don't sweat it when things change.
- You finish the work... dot those "i"s and cross those "t"s.
- You work fast and hard and then move on to the next project.
- You are guided by experience and design patterns so we don't reinvent the wheel
- You are self-directed, self-motivated and thrive on collaborative independence where coming together to brainstorm feeds your own focus work.
- You champion clarity, consistency, communication and reuse.
- Knowde is a well-funded, remote-friendly start-up based in SF Bay area but with work opportunities around the globe: Our core team is in the Bay and Seattle, but you can work from wherever it makes sense for you.
- At Knowde, everyone owns the product and the product is our passion.
- No one works 9-5. We're a start-up.
- We think big, move fast and have strong opinions.
- We frame things up and expect you to fill in the details.
- We are open to great ideas and are willing to experiment.
- We believe in work flexibility and respect your need to work in your own space.
- Above all, we execute
- And, if you work with Knowde, you will share in our success through equity participation
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferably in software engineering, computer science or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar position, preferably at a start-up
- Full time position
- Pay is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental, vision benefits plus many add-on options available
- Equity participation
- Remote-friendly. 100% remote is supported. Main office would be Seattle or the Bay.
Company name: Knowde
Remote job title: Lead Product Manager Shared Systems