Engineering Manager, Telecom
Remote job description
Ready to be a Titan?
We're looking for a detail-oriented Engineering Manager who will bring strong technical leadership and polished personnel skills to lead the telecom platform team within the engineering organization at ServiceTitan. We need thoughtful, proactive leaders who support their teams, encourage growth, and drive accountability through results. We are also striving to find those who are comfortable with ambiguity and can also balance rapid iteration and development with high technical expectations.
What You'll Do:
- Take ownership of team projects, occasionally including technical implementation
- Mentor and guide engineers within your team and occasionally cross-team
- Remove impediments blocking your team
- Participate in code reviews with your team to help improve their work and ensure alignment with larger cross-functional initiatives.
- Help drive observability across your team's code
- Collaborate with Recruiting - in particular, interviewing candidates and technical screening
- Communicate effectively with developers, product managers, customers, partners, and other leaders
- Coordinate your team's development process to deliver critical platform functionality for our telecom platform
- 40% development / 60% working on requirements, documentation, mentorship, supervision.
What You'll Bring:
- Ability to context-switch rapidly and regularly
- 2+ years of experience managing small to medium software development teams
- 5+ years of experience on senior engineering roles (designing APIs, abstractions, and tools used by other engineers)
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Telecom industry experience is HUGE plus
- Expert-level knowledge of:
- Microsoft .NET technology stack (C# / .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web APIs) and SQL databases (Microsoft SQL Server or any other)
- Container architecture and concepts (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Log / metric collection and analysis tools (ELK, DataDog, Prometheus, etc)
- Patterns for modularization and decomposition as they relate to microservices
- Git workflows, processes and techniques
- CI/CD methodologies and tools (TeamCity or similar)
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Kafka is a plus
- Experience supporting a 24/7 available web/saas application at scale is a plus
- Experience with unit testing, debugging, profiling, Visual Studio / Rider, JIRA, and other tools that are typically used by developers on Microsoft technology stack.
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 90% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Company name: ServiceTitan
Remote job title: Engineering Manager, Telecom
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, smb