Engineering Manager, Growth Activation Team
Remote job description
About This Role
Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with over 85 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat you're an athlete, and Strava's mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day.
Strava is hiring an Engineering Manager to lead the Activation Team within our Growth Organization. This is an opportunity to work on the new user experience, specifically helping new athletes fall in love with Strava. We're looking for an engineering manager to join the team and be responsible for the engineering execution of product strategy and supporting career development of engineers on the team.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Lead a team of mobile and server engineers building the experiences and features that help athletes learn the Strava product and become engaged users
- Partner with product, design and analytics to identify and design and deliver product A/B tests and product experiences with a goal of learning more about the athlete.
- Work in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Build an inclusive and high performing team culture within your team.
- Work closely with other engineering leaders on team wide initiatives such as hiring, the intern program and the technology vision.
You will be successful here by:
- Demonstrating empathy for athletes and their experience while using Strava.
- Coaching the engineers on the team and supporting their career development, at all different levels and career stages.
- Applying exceptional judgement to challenging situations.
- Embracing an inclusive, collaborative environment that elevates a diverse set of voices and experiences.
We're excited about you because:
- You will lead a team of engineers and support their career development.
- You will deliver well-designed, high quality products at scale.
- You will help the team have an impact on business metrics.
- You will hire amazing people to join our team.
Strava is Swedish for "strive," which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We're a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world's athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes' days even better. And just as we're deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we're dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We're backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we're expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community ?" we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes' lives ?" now more than ever. All to say, it's a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.
Company name: Strava
Remote job title: Engineering Manager, Growth Activation Team
Job tags: UI/UX, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Product Strategy