Engineering Manager, Corporate Systems
Remote job description
The Corporate Engineering Systems team provides infrastructure services and solutions to a broad array of internal Stripe teams. We partner with a variety of customers with business needs that often require unconventional thinking.
This team works with a variety of proprietary and open-source systems that are foundational to a number of business functions within Stripe. We build and support services and solutions that provide infrastructure, automation, self-service and observability to support the rapid scaling of Stripe's business.
Your day-to-day work will include a mix of tending to our existing fleet and its associated management tools, working on larger strategic projects that span multiple teams and quarters (one example: self-service laptop provisioning tools), and providing input into our longer-term roadmap and planning activities.
We're looking for an experienced Engineering leader who is excited to lead this team. You will be able to build a vision for this team that effectively optimizes for security and productivity of the Stripe teams you support.
- Work with other Stripe leaders to design and lead corporate infrastructure management and security best practices
- Empower the Systems Engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity
- Keep abreast of industry trends and forums to ensure Stripe remains an innovator in this domain
- Recruit great engineers in collaboration with Stripe's recruiting team
- Help engineers advance in their careers and develop new skills -Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe's engineering management team
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience as an engineering manager
- Experience collaborating with recruiting partners to hire new team members
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Clear and persuasive writing and in-person communication
It would be great if:
- You encourage a healthy work environment that's both supportive and challenging
- You understand what makes teams successful and what role a manager can play in that process
- You lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
- You know when to let a team work through problems and when to jump in to help
Company name: Stripe
Remote job title: Engineering Manager, Corporate Systems
Job tags: recruiting