Engineering Manager Audience
Remote job description
Iterable is the customer activation platform that helps brands deliver joyful experiences with harmonized, individualized, and dynamic communications at scale-Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter's early success. We've surpassed $100M in ARR and have raised more than $340M from top-tier investors like Index Ventures, Viking, and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Zillow, SeatGeek, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to implement where it matters most-creating experiences and promoting connections with over 2 billion people world-wide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power excellent customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past four years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado's Best Paying Companies! We've also been listed on Wealthfront's Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a global presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, Denver, and London, and remote employees located all over the world. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, and learn more about our mission, explore our Culture and About Us page.
Creating and managing audiences is critical to our customers' marketing automation success. The Audience team is responsible for features related to creating, understanding, and managing users. We also help customers organize their users into lists so they can target each user with the right message at the right time. The technologies that we heavily invest in are Scala, GraphQL, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Postgres, and Distributed Relational Database (Cockroach DB).
Here's more information about our Engineering culture, values, and interviewing process.
How you will make a difference:
You love leading engineering teams and delivering winning products. You have hands-on technical expertise in building systems technologies for large-scale data. You are first a leader, then a manager, and an engineer. You are motivated by solving challenging problems with simple solutions and feel satisfaction from helping others. Your leadership style translates to impressive results and attracts like-minded people.
One of our core values is a growth mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond an engineering manager role.
You'll report to the Sr. Engineering Manager of the Audience and Content team. You'll get to lead the team that develops Iterable's main product. Our software handles terabytes of data daily and we have invested in making our systems efficient. As a Manager in the Product Engineering team, at Iterable as a technical leader, you'll grow and help the team improve and achieve enterprise-grade components. We believe in a friendly engineering culture. Here's more information on our engineering values, and interviewing process.
- Build and motivate our growing engineering team in a remote friendly environment
- Establish the necessary processes to achieve the best possible product
- Manage complex technical projects and lead team's work for accuracy
- Leading research and development projects that produce new designs, products and processes
- Achieve enterprise-ready features by leading projects ranging from seed initiatives to customer-focused enhancements
- Coach, mentor and provide real-time, meaningful, sensitive, and constructive feedback to direct reports
- Grow the team and align project assignments with career development goals and company vision
- Work with engineering leaders to set technical direction.
- Set team-level and engineering best practices around product
We are looking for people who have:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experienced in the software industry, including time as an individual contributor
- Experience as a Technical Lead or Manager
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and short release cycles
- Experience with teams that work on large-scale web or mobile applications
- Desire to work with the following technologies: Java/Scala and the Play Framework, AWS, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Redis, Postgres and Apache Pulsar
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself, and the team around you
- Manage team conflict when it arises
- Desire to build engineering teams
- Industry experience building and delivering enterprise-grade software for large-scale data
- Technical expertise in data modeling, distributed systems technologies, and cloud deployment (provisioning, multi-tenancy, frameworks and tools for system monitoring, logging.)
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Great compensation packages, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
We're rethinking traditional workplace planning and looking to strengthen belonging, innovation, productivity, and happiness whether it's in an office, from home, or a hybrid of the two. As such, we've moved to a single geographical compensation band for all of our employees (the San Francisco Bay Area market for the US, London for the UK).
The minimum salary for this position is $191,100/year. The compensation package includes equity, plus a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits. Additionally, perks such as daily paid lunches and generous stipends for health & fitness and learning & development, among others, are included.
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Company name: Iterable
Remote job title: Engineering Manager Audience