Remote job description
$140,000 - $200,000 plus super
Octopus Deploy is one of Australia's fastest-growing and most successful software companies. Today we help over 150,000 people worldwide to deliver working software to production.
If you have a commitment to excellence, a desire to delight customers, and want to be a member of a fast-growing team, you'll love this position.
You will be a great fit for this role if
- You are an experienced people manager, and have been a software developer in the past.
- You have a firm grasp of the software trade using any language or toolset (but C# and Typescript experience is helpful).
- You take ultimate responsibility for the people in your team, the way they work, and the results they deliver.
- You empower your team to get things done and you drive results collaboratively.
- You recognise dysfunction in your team and work effectively to resolve it in a timely manner.
- You give radically candid feedback which is timely, actionable, and helpful.
- The feedback you give in performance reviews is rarely a surprise because it summarises the timely, actionable, and helpful feedback your teammate has been receiving.
You will enjoy this role if
- You thrive on solving people problems.
- You like managing a team of autonomous workers, holding them accountable to results and letting them manage how they get there.
- You like a balance of freedom and responsibility, being treated as an adult.
- You want to do the best work of your life with other like-minded people.
- You enthusiastically accept radically candid feedback, feedback that is thoughtful, timely, and directly actionable, and offer the same benefit to others.
A typical day might include
- Working where you work best, perhaps in a home office designed by you, using a device of your choosing, with or without music, in an atmosphere you create for yourself.
- Clarifying the goals, roles, and execution plans for your team.
- Helping your team understand our strategy and how they are contributing to the big picture.
- Proactively coaching people remotely, accelerating them along their personal growth trajectory.
- Being a positive contributor to how we approach people and culture in the engineering team, including hiring, firing, performance reviews, culture fit, salary reviews, and how we pay.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you. Please include a cover letter outlining what you can bring to the role and how Octopus would be a good fit for you. We are looking for people who live and work in Australia to join our remote-first team. We are currently unable to provide visa sponsorship.Summary
Company name: Octopus Deploy
Remote job title: Engineering Manager at Octopus Deploy (allows remote)
Job tags: c#