ACA Compliance Group
Remote job description
ACA believes that we can deliver the world's best GRC software to our blue-chip financial services client base of over 3500 firms. We are seeking top talent to join us in our journey to build and deliver "The SalesForce of Compliance". Compliance Officers in finance have been stuck in the past, with inefficient, manual effort driving their compliance programs. ACA's ComplianceAlpha is deployed at 800+ clients and more daily to help modernize that. We are investing significantly to drive technology usage at our clients.
This Engineering Manager role is responsible for the delivery management of initiatives for ComplianceAlpha. This role focuses on working with engineers, product, and other stakeholders to understand scope and technical challenges. Engineering Managers are the ultimate drivers towards ensuring all deliveries are met and their teams are successful throughout the entire SDLC. They will work closely with product to define technical requirements, work with infrastructure to layout changes, and work with engineering to hit peak velocity. This position is a mix of soft and technical skills.
Your key responsibilities
- Bring a creative mindset to work to anticipate and solve tough problems as part of a team.
- Work with product management teams to understand and iterate on functional requirements, and to create technical specs for developers to execute on
- Lead a global team of developers, spearheading tech initiatives and deliver on predefined timelines
- Understanding emerging cloud-native technologies and how they can be used at enterprise scale
- Take ownership of initiatives and the associated code base, being able to explain technical workings in layman's terms with the product team, technical decisions, and learnings to the broader development team
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong capability for managing multiple projects simultaneously and balance time constraints
- Motivated to deliver the best possible software solutions in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Ability to mentor and guide the next wave of up-and-coming developers, helping them learn best practices and standards
- Proactively learn and experiment with new technologies and mobile development strategies, staying ahead of the curve
- Ability to self-manage multiple priorities and understand when to 'switch gears' to unblock others
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with various development methodologies, including TDD
To qualify for the role you must have
- At least ten years of professional / enterprise level web development, of which 3-5 years include project management
- Technical knowledge on cloud based SaaS architecture
- Understanding of serverless architecture including PaaS or FaaS models within AWS, Azure or GCP
- Understanding on how to make the "tough" decisions on features with the product team, to ensure product delivery
- Knowledge on determining resource allocation based on velocity and other defined-constraints
- Experience leading multiple projects with given timelines and running globally distributed teams
Ideally, you'll also have
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM
- Knowledge of cloud based architecture, GCP, AWS, Azure
- Experience in launching greenfield applications
- Understanding on how to scale team sizes across multiple regions
- Experience in project management tools such as Jira Avanced Roadmaps
What we look for
We're interested in smart, passionate developers with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the industry. If you have a genuine passion for new technologies and transforming an entire industry, this role may be for you.
What working at ACA offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options as well as a flexible work environment. You'll also be granted time off for designated ACA Paid Holidays, Summer Fridays, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Why join our team?
We are the leading governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) advisor in financial services. When you join ACA, you'll become part of a team whose unique combination of talent includes the industry's largest team of former regulators, compliance professionals, legal professionals, and GIPS® standards verifiers in the industry, along with practitioners in cybersecurity, ESG, and regulatory technology.
Our team enjoys an entrepreneurial work environment by offering innovative and tailored solutions for our clients. We encourage creative thinking and making the most of your experience at ACA by offering multiple career paths. We foster a culture of growth by focusing on continuous learning through inquiry and curiosity, and transparency. If you're ready to be part of an award-winning, global team of thoughtful, talented, and committed professionals, you've come to the right place.
More about ACA
ACA was founded in 2002 by four former SEC regulators and one former state regulator. The founders saw a need for investment advisers to receive expert guidance on existing and new regulations.
Over the years, ACA has grown both organically and by acquisition to expand our GRC business and technology solutions. Our services now include GIPS standards verification, cybersecurity and technology risk, regulatory technology, ESG advisory, AML and financial crimes, financial and regulatory reporting, and Mirabella for establishing EU operations.
What we commit to
ACA is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We conduct our business without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, religion, disability, caregiver, marital or partnership status, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), ancestry, national origin and citizenship, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, sexual and reproductive health decisions, military or veteran status, creed, genetic predisposition, carrier status or any other category protected by federal, state and local law.
ACA is firmly committed to a policy of nondiscrimination, which applies to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotions, training, discipline, terminations, layoffs, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Here at ACA, we have created a variety of programs to promote ACA's culture of inclusivity and work hard to ensure that all our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute to ACA and feel that ACA is exactly where they belong.
Company: ACA Compliance Group
Job title: Engineering Manager at ACA Compliance Group () (allows remote)
Job tags: azure, aws, sql, python, c#