Remote job description
Theorem is looking for a motivated craftsperson to join our global team of 200+ professionals to support our growing distributed services business. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out. WHO YOU ARE
- You are a creative thinker who aims to support your team and your customers. You have been a hands-on engineer in the past, you understand the enterprise applications and architecture, and now you are looking to multiply your impact.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Team Leadership: You will support the team's happiness by fostering an inclusive culture, and by nurturing safe spaces where everyone can bring their authentic selves. You will guide and coach a +10 engineers team, operating in small squads, to help grow their impact.
- Engineering and Delivery: Your team will ship great outputs that delight your customers and partners. You will run project kick-offs, and work with your team to choose the tools, architecture, and platforms used to deliver client projects.
- Hiring and Training: Build an inclusive team of great engineers from different backgrounds, cultures, industries, and life experiences, ensuring every assigned engineer has a career progression plan with regular check-in points and real-time feedback. You will also contribute to determining engineers' salary ranges and adjustments.
- Partnering with Customers: You will get to know your customers and walk in their shoes. You will listen to the needs, find business opportunities, design solutions, and deliver the right value at the right time.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Experience designing and leading teams, mentoring engineers based on different geographies, and teaching proved practices that help people thrive
- You have worked with external clients/stakeholders and have a great ability to listen to new challenges, find business opportunities, and collaborate building new developing proposals
- You have the ability to work through ambiguous requirements and make decisions to push forward custom software developments
- While this is a remote-friendly role, the engineering manager should expect to travel to the client site one week every other month on average (post COVID-19 travel restrictions)
Company: Theorem, LLC
Job title: Engineering Manager - Remote at Theorem, LLC () (allows remote)