Director Product Manager, Pro Growth
Remote job description
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn't come with a manual. That's why we're building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes - knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry - we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We're seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we'll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million+ projects started on Thumbtack
- About 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- About 10 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Product Team
The Pro Growth team is responsible for ensuring that Pros love Thumbtack and that the quality of our Pros are a competitive differentiator for Thumbtack overall. We do this with full stack product teams focused on the Pro experience and integrations with Pro business management software.
About the Role
Thumbtack is committed to keeping the quality of its Pro base a competitive differentiator. In order to distance the lead we have vs. our competitors in this area, we are focusing on acquiring a new segment of Pros who are tech enabled, consistently deliver amazing experiences for their customer and are growth-minded. We are looking to add a senior thought leader to our team to help us drive this strategy within the product/engineering team and with key cross-functional stakeholders.
- Develop and communicate our pro strategy in partnership with a fantastic team of Pro PMs
- Manage 2 Pro Growth PMs
- Run a small optimizations pod
- Partner with engineers, marketers and other product teams to ideate, prioritize and deliver world-class martech capabilities that help empower both our marketing teams and customer growth teams
- Define and analyze key metrics to inform decision-making and measure success
- Build strong relationships with and deeply understand how our marketing team works
- Coordinate within your team and among teams at Thumbtack to ensure understanding of and alignment around projects
What you'll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 10+ years of product management experience with at least 2+ years managing 2 or more product managers
- Basic understanding of growth principles and go-to-market strategies
- Excellent analytical skills to break down and solve complex problems
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent business judgment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Bonus points if you have
- Experience working in a marketplace business
- Experience working at a high-growth startup
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines.* Learn more about our virtual-first working model here.
#LI-RemoteBenefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with in-person events
- 20 company-wide holidays including a week-long end-of-year company shutdown
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services (North America)
- WiFi reimbursements
- Cell phone reimbursements (North America)
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: email@example.com.
Company name: Thumbtack
Remote job title: Director Product Manager, Pro Growth
Job tags: Marketing Strategy, marketplace, Analytical Skills