Director, Product Management
Remote job description
We are looking for a talented, humble, and hungry product leader to drive product strategy and execution of our shop operations and productivity solutions to meet the needs of shop owners and teams across North America. This role is a critical part of the product leadership team and will be instrumental in leading our next phases of growth.
You will manage and develop a team of product managers and interface with our shop owners and teams directly to get feedback on product enhancements, issues and usability in order to inspire and inform how Shopmonkey continues to iterate and grow our core product suite.
You will have an ownership mentality for driving business impact, be data-informed to find insights, and focused on customer empathy and product craft. Finally, you will represent the core product strategy to Shopmonkey's Executive Leadership Team and ensure alignment between your product roadmap and company business objectives.
You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Help develop and execute the product roadmap across web and mobile for every shop type from the single location to the enterprise brands.
- Grow, manage, and mentor a team of world-class product managers focused on strengthening and expanding our suite of solutions that serve our customers in amazing ways.
- Champion and drive the product life cycle via agile methodology (e.g. sprints) across product squads and partner closely with product ops, engineering, UX, and business leaders to deliver business impact every quarter.
- Create and present business cases and business models for new product investments, and own the measurement and quantifiable success of new product and features launches.
- Drive ruthless prioritization of roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels.
- Partner closely with Product Design on product strategies and synthesize requirements into a common set of platform and services capabilities, writing very clear, thorough and detailed user stories for complex features and product sets.
- Represent the voice of the customer to internal stakeholders and work closely with marketing, success, sales, and support teams to take products to market.
- Be a go-to product expert for other internal teams, executives, sales, marketing, customers, and partners.
We Are Looking For You If You Have:
- History of entrepreneurial experience and/or 10+ years in SaaS/software product leadership experience.
- Minimum 5+ year track record of success (and enjoyment) in building and leading high performing product teams while mentoring and growing individual contributors.
- Exceptional product sense on what makes a great product and eye for great design.
- Strong executive presence and resilience to embrace a deep level of engagement from senior leadership, including the CEO, COO, and CFO.
- Expert at working in the agile environment (e.g. user stories, iterative development, scrum teams, sprints, personas).
- Quick thinker and bias for action with strong ability for strategic planning, defining OKRs and driving business outcomes.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to problem-solve with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding intellectual horsepower and business aptitude - be comfortable defining strategy, identifying and modeling business opportunities, and crafting and executing on go-to-market plans.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact and present with diverse groups including executive leadership.
- Ability to model player / coach and be hands-on in helping define and test features, set up demos, work through complex customer challenges, managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, etc.
- BS/BA in STEM field or equivalent practical experience; MBA preferred.
About the Industry
The US is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey, the leading auto-repair shop software company, is a venture-funded, cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business - from appointment scheduling, to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments - all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Company name: Shopmonkey
Remote job title: Director, Product Management