Director of Product, Marketplace
Remote job description
We're the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward ?" and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We're supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We've been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we're just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Product Team
Our product team is small but mighty. We partner with engineering, design, analytics and more to craft a marketplace that delivers over a billion dollars in business to our pros while helping millions of customers get their projects done each year.
About the Role
The Marketplace teams are at the center of our company: they are the matchmakers that turn supply and demand into jobs done, and growth for our business. As the Director of Product - Product Managers, you will be responsible for setting the strategy of our marketplace, the future of our product, and the optimal way for customers to find the right pro based on market conditions. You'll lead a team that works on a variety of projects across the product with a diverse set of team members.
- Defining our supply growth strategy, coordinating and executing growth plans to balance Thumbtack's short and long term objectives
- Lead our thinking around how to create a comprehensive & reliable supply growth playbook to keep our marketplace healthy
- Create an environment that fosters high-quality, metrics-driven experimentation, which leads to impactful improvements and positive business impact
- Driving activation, retention, and engagement improvements throughout the lifecycle of a Pro
- Partnering with cross-functional leadership across other Product orgs, Operations, Marketing, and Finance to shape the company's growth strategy
- Partnering with experience teams to evolve our vision for helping local businesses on Thumbtack
- Lead and develop a team of world-class PMs
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 6+ years of product management experience building consumer web/mobile products
- 2+ years of experience in growth, or building growth products
- Experience scaling customer acquisition, activation, engagement, and retention at a high-growth company
- Track record of people management with experience building, leading, and managing world-class growth teams
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, cross-functional, and dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical skills to break down and solve complex problems, and distill their complexity based on audience
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally & excellent business judgment
- Experience working in a marketplace business
- Experience identifying and scaling growth levers
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes ?" confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it's like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
*Currently, Thumbtackers can live anywhere in Ontario or British Columbia, Canada or the Philippines or in any of the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, Washington DC. Our long term vision is to hire across all of the United States and Canada, but this expansion will take a few years.
Company name: Thumbtack
Remote job title: Director of Product, Marketplace
Job tags: Team Leadership, Customer Acquisition, Analytical Skills