Director of Product, Consumer Experience
Remote job description
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get term life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes' Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the Role
We're looking for an experienced product leader to lead our consumer experience PM team. This team will build a delightful consumer experience, from onboarding users to helping them identify their families' needs to purchasing the right insurance products to protect their families. They'd drive a goal oriented roadmap that spans new experiences and optimizations and experiment heavily to deliver results.
This role requires a high degree of entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to get things done. The ideal candidate will couple deep intellectual capacity and analytical rigor with creativity around and customer experience. We're looking for a senior leader who is passionate about advocating on behalf of users, demonstrates a high degree of ownership, and is looking to join a team with a clear mission and purpose.
Key initiatives will include:
- Creating a clear and compelling medium and long-term vision for growth of the Ethos product and developing a roadmap to realize that vision
- Hiring, coaching, and managing a team of technical product managers
- Building a great consumer experience focused on accessibility, simplicity, and delight
- Partnering with product managers and designers across the company to think through the entire customer journey.
- Establishing a robust experimentation calendar that's anchored in clear goals and objectives.
In this role you can expect to:
- Work closely with Design, Analytics and Engineering to transform your ideas into compelling and personalized messages and product experiences
- Design and implement A/B tests to optimize each and every component of our in-app experience
- Hone your strategic thinking - transform large data sets into a story that helps leadership make decisions
- Lead, manage and develop highly functional teams, ensuring detailed experimentation methodology and execution that is scalable and sustainable
- Perform quantitative forecasting and qualitative research to identify product opportunities and prioritize your roadmap
- Get your hands dirty and drive the product development process for your product from ideation to launch to impact analysis, collaborating with many teams along the way
To thrive in this role, you have
- A deep understanding of customer needs, and strong motivation to tackle their problems
- An owner's mindset - you don't shy away from the hard stuff
- Strong collaboration skills in team environments but able to act quickly as the decision-maker
- A sense of urgency and the ability to achieve impact in a fast-paced environment
- A growth mindset -- you live and breathe experimentation, data analysis, and ruthlessly focus on impact
- A strong understanding of current product best-practice and opinions on where product is going next
- A strong track record of growing products you've worked on, both in terms of usage as well as user affinity
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across teams to prioritize and build products that delight customers and deliver on company goals
- A strong analytical orientation -- a focus on data driven decision making and the ability to measure success
- A solid design and technical understanding such that you can engage with your counterparts in collaborative and productive manner
We'd love to hear from you if you have the following minimum requirements...
- 8+ years of relevant work experience across product management, engineering, design, analytics or related functions.
- At least two years of experience in managing a team of product managers in a high growth environment, including hiring and coaching.
- At least two years of experience in partnering with design, engineering, and analytics teams to launch products for consumers, freelancers, or SMBs
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
Company name: Ethos Life
Remote job title: Director of Product, Consumer Experience
Job tags: Predictive Analytics, Customer Satisfaction, Onboarding