Chemonics International Inc
Remote job description
Chemonics International is seeking a Compensation Analyst who will be responsible for working directly with business lines and support divisions to administer Chemonics' global compensation program in alignment with established policies, practices, and procedures. The Compensation Analyst is responsible for maintaining accurate records and documents related to compensation as per established processes and delivering quality services within agreed upon response time, contributing to continual improvement of compensations systems and tools by regularly soliciting feedback from customers. The Compensation Analyst is expected to collaborate very closely with stakeholders in all business lines and divisions across the company, demonstrate excellent customer service, and provide timely consultative expertise to help find solutions for emerging challenges.
- Facilitates the development, implementation, administration, and communication of Chemonics' compensation program by partnering with business lines and support divisions on areas including base pay, short- and long-term incentives, equity program, and merit increases.
- Plays a key role in the development and rollout of compensation policies, standards, and procedures to key stakeholders at business and support unit levels, delivering training, conducting focus groups, and educating employees on all areas of compensation.
- Provides clear compensation-related decisions and guidance, based on data, established practices, and quality standards and assists teams in communicating compensation decisions to staff.
- Conducts benchmarking exercises and participates in various (global and domestic) salary surveys to help evaluate and guide effective compensation administration in line with our compensation philosophy.
- Maintains accurate files and documents, including but not limited to pay and equity reviews, job descriptions, job codes, compensation structures, and other compensation related information.
- Supports new business efforts in a timely fashion, ensuring teams have the necessary compensation information to recruit top talent for our proposal efforts.
- Assists the Director, Compensation in preparing for comprehensive compensation reviews by working with teams to deep-dive into compensation data to identify possible areas of focus and develop strategies leadership can deploy.
- Coordinates the implementation of Chemonics' bonus programs, including tracking awards against corporate budgets, drafting and sending communications and providing guidance on nomination processes, collaborating and partnering with stakeholders, etc.
- As needed, manages external compensation consultant and vendor relationships and coordinates international compensation survey resources for annual and ad hoc compensation reviews.
- Conducts job evaluations domestically and globally which may also involve the development of salary scales.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state, local and international employment, compensation, and data-privacy related laws and regulations in order to ensure compliance.
- Conducts research through various sources to provide data and prepare reports on compensation trends, best practices, and other compensation-related information.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures as well as bonus programs and makes recommendations towards improvement.
- Develops tools, dashboards, and infographics to assist stakeholders in making compensation decisions and develop greater understanding of our job architecture and administration guidelines.
- Serves as a resource for special compensation and HR-related projects and assignments. Providing guidance and assistance with the development of compensation methodologies, processes, analytics, KPIs etc.
- Proactively participates in and contributes to continual improvement efforts.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant global compensation experience. International development and government contracting experience preferred.
- Strong familiarity with conducting job evaluations and classifying positions through various formal classification methodologies. Familiarity developing compensation scales (global or domestic) a plus.
- Strong knowledge of FLSA classifications and pay equity laws.
- Familiarity with AAP/OFCCP regulations preferred.
- Demonstrated focus on customer service and cultural sensitivity.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrated skill in project management and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently and lead initiatives as required as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving and initiative to learn new skills.
- Ability to maintain discretion and work with highly confidential and/or protected information. Knowledge of data privacy regulations and how to handle sensitive, personally identifiable information.
- Ability to effectively interpret policies and procedures and make sound, logic-based, and defensible decisions independently.
- Exhibits high emotional IQ with emphasis on empathy and compassion
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications and word processing abilities.
- Strong knowledge of Excel including the ability to develop dashboards, create engaging visualizations, and run regressions.
- Knowledge of PowerBI a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
Apply by 9/16/22. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Chemonics will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Chemonics, or (c) consistent with Chemonics legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
COVID-19 Recruitment Information
Chemonics International is continuously monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world. The health and wellbeing of our staff and potential candidates is of the utmost importance to us and we continue to offer virtual interviews for all on-going recruits. On-boarding for new staff is offered in hybrid format through our Washington, D.C. and London, UK offices to accommodate remote workers.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information Chemonics requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated.
The Salary Range for this position is expected to be: $78,800 - $98,500.
An employee's pay position will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, performance, shift, travel requirements, and business or organizational needs.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, ESOP, 401(k), and other benefits to eligible to US based employees. Please visit https://chemonics.com/life-at-chemonics/our-benefits/ to find out more about the benefits this position is eligible for.Summary
Company name: Chemonics International Inc
Remote job title: Compensation Analyst