Business Insights Engineering Manager
Remote job description
Iterable is a cross-channel platform that powers unified customer experiences and empowers marketers to improve on every interaction taking place throughout the customer journey. With Iterable, brands create individualized marketing touchpoints that earn engagement, solidify trust and galvanize loyal consumer-brand relationships.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to implement where it matters most-creating experiences and promoting connections with over 2 billion people world-wide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power excellent customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past four years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado's Best Paying Companies! We've also been listed on Wealthfront's Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a global presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, Denver, and London, and remote employees located all over the world. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, and learn more about our mission, explore our Culture and About Us page.
How you will make an impact:
You will be playing an instrumental role in leading a team of BI engineers in the design and implementation of the company wide business data architecture and infrastructure. The BI team is responsible for the design and maintenance of ELT pipelines and data models from our various business data sources into Snowflake. As the BI team continues to interface more closely with Product and Engineering, you will be a critical partner with key members from those teams to establish BI prioritizes and roadmap. You will also provide support in the design, development and administration of BI engineering initiatives while guiding the team on industry best-practices .
You will work with analysts and other technical and non-technical stakeholders to ensure that they have access to the data they need to answer critical questions.
Building upon our core value of growth mindset, Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
In this role you'll get to:
- Lead a team of talented and passionate BI engineers
- Design, develop, build and maintain reliable and scalable ELT pipelines into Snowflake
- Partner closely with Engineering and Product to prioritize key initiatives to drive BI engineering roadmap
- Develop tools to monitor, debug, and analyze data at rest and in flight
- Explore vast data sets, research and co-develop ideas with domain experts
We are looking for people who have:
- Strong Proficiency in SQL
- Strong proficiency in an Object Oriented Programing language (preferably Python or Scala)
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure (AWS, Snowflake, etc)
- Experience debugging and implementation of automated testing
- Proficient with ETL and data workflow technologies (DBT, Airflow, Snowflake Task and other similar technologies)
- Ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to provide mentorship and career development
- Experiment supporting implementing product tracking (Segment, Heap, Amplitude etc.)
- Experience with developer and data science platforms ( Jupyter notebooks, DataBricks etc)
- Understanding of statistics and/or machine learning principles
- Data Modeling in BI Tools (Looker, Periscope, etc.)
- Work with vendor on technical implementation
- Serve as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
- Acts as a technical resource throughout the development life cycle. May also actively contribute to the technical and soft skills development of team members.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
We're rethinking traditional workplace planning and looking to strengthen belonging, innovation, productivity, and happiness whether it's in an office, from home, or a hybrid of the two. As such, we've moved to a single geographical compensation band for all of our employees (the San Francisco Bay Area market for the US, London for the UK).
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Company name: Iterable
Remote job title: Business Insights Engineering Manager