Remote job description
About the Role:
As an Automation Lead at Papaya, you will join our growing team on our mission to alleviate the stress and anxiety around paying bills. You will contribute to new offerings and core products to improve user experience by creating a robust automation framework to support new features, and drive outcomes for major business goals by making releases more efficient. You will work closely with fellow engineers, product managers, designers, and business stakeholders on projects with heavy automation test needs.
Flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we'd love to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Find creative solutions to technical problems in automation testing space for the Papaya mobile app, SDK, and API
- Write well designed, maintainable and scalable framework to support backend and frontend code quality
- Contribute to code reviews and technical architecture discussions and documentation
- Collaborate with product and other stakeholders
- Build against and participate in designing Test for internal APIs & Papaya front-ends, Papaya iOS/Android apps.
What you can bring:
- 5+ years of relevant experience on great engineering teams supporting their automation architecture
- Flexibility; you can seamlessly switch gears between cranking out proof of concepts and carefully architecting systems for correctness, reliability and performance testing
- Best practices; you're technologically flexible, and can choose the best tools for the job
- Experience in BDD, TDD, CI/CD. Cross browsers and cross devices testing is a major plus
- Experience in any of the following tools: selenium, cypress, playwright, appium
- Experience in a cloud hosting solution like browserstack or saucelab
- Experience in FinTech a plus
Papaya started in 2016 with a goal to alleviate the stress of paying bills. We've adopted our phones for everything else, why not eliminate the need for calls, mailing checks, and tedious web forms? We are expanding mobile share of the $4T US consumer bill space, and are one of the fastest growing startups in Los Angeles.
The key to our success? Our people. From engineering, sales, to operations, Papaya's team is comprised of some of the most intelligent, humble, diverse, and resourceful people you'll ever meet. With the help of successful investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank; Papaya is building something special.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We're proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA's Best Small Companies to Work for in 2021 and 2022! Learn more and come join us. Find out what the next step in your career could look like here at Papaya.
Company name: Papaya Pay
Remote job title: Automation Lead
Job tags: Appium, cicd, automation