Remote job description
Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy and confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, and offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, and invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, and results-driven.
To meet our ambitious goals, we are looking for an Operations Associate to join our Fulfillment & Transportation team. This role will support the growth of operations across Glossier. You will focus on coordinating global logistics between Glossier and its customers, partners, and fulfillment network. You are a self-starter with high levels of autonomy and integrity in your work.
You will partner closely with leaders across the company to bring the best experience to our customers and drive efficiencies across the customer journey.
6 Month Expectations
- Become an expert on how we deliver for our customers, and develop a holistic understanding of both operations and systems at Glossier
- Develop a robust allocation model to ensure that we have the right products in the right place
- Build comprehensive reporting on operational costs and identify potential opportunities for savings
12+ Month Expectations
- Manage vendor relationships and conduct monthly business reviews that drive those learnings into actionable follow-ups and results.
- Work with Operations and Finance leaders to define transportation KPIs and goals
- Project manage new and existing systems integrations to automate manual processes and reduce workload across teams
- Create a long-term fulfillment strategy that informs where Glossier needs to go
- You have 2+ years of professional experience, ideally in a transportation, supply chain, or operations role within a consumer-facing startup
- Self-sufficiency in data analysis and modeling with tools like Excel and Looker
- Preferred: prior experience in an operational organization, SQL proficiency
- ERP experience (Netsuite preferred)
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.
Company name: Glossier
Remote job title: Operations Associate
Job tags: Transportation Planning, NetSuite, modeling