Remote job description
Our missionOtter is on a mission to create a world of care and opportunity by connecting parents who need childcare with caregivers in their community. Our goal is for every child to have access to safe, high-quality childcare. Over the next ten years, Otter will facilitate millions of hours of childcare and unlock billions of new economic opportunities for caregivers. We believe care work is real work.
Otter is growing quickly!
Otter's growth has surpassed our most optimistic expectations: Otter is live in two cities, growing quickly, and we have more demand than we can keep up with. We're building a category-defining, technology driven solution that works for today's families in the $75B childcare category. Otter has attracted more than $27M from leading venture investors and angels, including Sequoia Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Abstract Ventures, Thrive Capital, and a diverse set of world-class operators including Kevin & Julia Hartz, Michael Ovitz, Dylan Field, Scott Belsky, Maran Nelson, Hunter Horsley, Backend Capital, Varsha Rao, Jana Messerschmidt, Claire Hughes Johnson, Jessica Verrilli, Sarah Nahm, Stephen Chau, Marc Hedlund, and Shreya and Anand Iyer.
In Market Operations, you will be focused on finding and signing up new caregivers and careseekers onto our platform. You are a natural self-starter who is excited to experiment, learn, and retest. You deeply understand the needs of our families and enjoy connecting with them, something you'll do a lot of in this role. You will work closely with our Operations team and Communications Director to introduce Otter to as many families as possible.
What You'll Do In Your First 30 Days
- Help design and execute experiments to help Otter get better and transact more care.
- Drive 100 hours of care transactions through the following:
- Identify gaps and problems, then offer and execute creative solutions.
- Collaborate with your teammates on your work, tracking what works and what doesn't.
- Strive to ensure that Otter is helping to do good in our communities by leading with trust in every aspect of your work.
- Leverage the data and tools we have (and also maybe new ones too).
- Provide direct feedback to teams across the company on what tools are or aren't working and what features and tools Otter families need.
- Start documenting what works and what doesn't to eventually build a playbook for user engagement efforts in our next markets.
What You're Great At
- Deeply understanding and connecting with parents ?" you're probably a parent or caregiver yourself, or you have formal caregiving experience.
- Developing and bringing market hypothesis to life through top-notch execution, even in the face of roadblocks and ambiguity, to maximize learnings.
- Moving quickly to learn what works and what doesn't, iterating, and then building tools and processes to scale. You're great at identifying gaps and bringing creative, scrappy solutions to the table.
- Being a self-starter who brings ideas to the table, isn't afraid to try new things, and owns their work from start to finish. You're a dynamic and flexible teammate who is comfortable getting outside their comfort zone and getting their hands dirty.
- Exercising exceptional judgment to ensure that our execution plans are always true to our values and to our commitments to families.
- Effectively communicating your learnings and work across teams.
- Thriving in an ambiguous environment.
- Being proactive ?" you look to find things to work on and don't expect them to come to you.
- No task is too small for you, you want to work on a team that supports each other and the needs of Otter.
Who you are
- You believe care work is real work.
- You have superior communication skills, including the ability to prioritize and efficiently and transparently communicate results at a team, executive, and company level.
- You're willing to talk about your work in writing so you can contribute to a company culture where we learn from one another, so we can learn faster together.
- You have attention to detail and thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- People who know you would call you a team player with a desire to jump in and be "hands on" as needed.
- You embrace Otter's values and operating principles.
Otter embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Company name: Otter
Remote job title: Market Operations