Remote job description
Maintenance Manager is responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensuring that facilities are safe and well functioning. The facilities manager will also be responsible for managing contractors, training new employees, and working with third-party vendors.
- Supervise the cleaning and upkeep of building premises to ensure a tidy work environment
- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity, warehouse cooling system etc.) and refurbishments
- Manage the upkeep of equipment to meet health and safety standards
- Inspect buildings' structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Supervise all staff facilities staff (technicians, etc.) and external contractors
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Ensure the work environment in complies with health and safety requirements
- Supervise general staff safety by minimizing exposure to hazards and unsafe conditions
- Conduct negotiations with vendors and clients to establish the terms, conditions and price of contract services
- Proven experience as Maintenance manager or relevant position
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business administration or relevant field
- Good cross functional communication & interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail - ability to manage multiple projects/assignments simultaneously
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize and schedule tasks for the most efficient use of time
- Knowledgeable on safety practices, 5S best practices.
- Be highly motivated
- Rohlik is the leading Central European e-grocer.
- Already active in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria and Germany. And other countries are coming soon.
Are we a good fit?
Find out if you would enjoy it here
People who work at Rohlik are independent thinkers with an opinion. We are not afraid of saying what we think is right for our customers or for the business.
Rohlik people are passionate about helping our customers live healthier and happier lives. We want this to happen and we want it quickly.
We hire people who want to change the world and are ready to take up difficult tasks with some tripping over.
Rohlik people don't wait to be told what to do, but actively propose new ways for things to get better themselves.
We hire people who want to spend their lives at work this way. We have a versatile mix. Younger and older, junior and senior colleagues.
We ensure that the purchase is delivered to our customers on a silver platter. We take care of fleet management, capacity planning, and the delivery itself. We are like a control tower that ensures that everything gets where it should at the right time.
What we offer
Rohlik grows fast, and so can you. You will face a new challenge every day. You will need to solve problems you have never solved before. We are offering you challenging and exciting work.
It's not for everyone, but you will love it here if you like to keep things moving forward.
Real impact and meaningful work
You will build one of the best services in the world. From the moment you join us, you'll have the opportunity to directly change the lives of our customers for the better.
No matter what department or position you're in, your work will be essential and part of making a difference. If you have an opinion and don't fear to voice it, you will be heard. Our customer is the centre of our universe, so everyone who can improve the customer experience is embraced and supported to step forward and propose a solution.
We believe in our people. Everyone can decide where they are going to work from or how many unlimited holidays they will enjoy. It's all about getting the work done, not where it's done from.
In line with our personal responsibility policy, we have abolished regular bonuses. We firmly believe that the incentive to do your best work should not be in a quarterly bonus. But don't worry, we won't pay you peanuts. We want to employ the cream of the crop, which is why we offer top-of-the-market fixed salaries.
We value your opinion; that is why we launched the peer-to-peer recognition system, where everyone has the right to embrace their colleagues and award them credits to our internal cafeteria.
Unpaid premium membership
Our employees are our valued customers. We appreciate your feedback and want you to use our services as much as possible, so we offer premium membership without further payments.
No Rohlik person can ever get enough challenges! That's why we organize those focused on sports. Like running, cycling or hiking. And what's not to miss besides great colleagues? Well, tempting rewards. It wouldn't be possible without them.
You will work with the best European experts from various areas - Commercial, SW development, Logistics, Business Intelligence, and many others. We are fighting for market share in a challenging environment, but we battle as a team. We have each other's back, and we don't forget to have fun together. We regularly enjoy joint tastings of new products, barbecues, and parties.
Are we a good fit?
Our goal in life is to make other peoples' lives better. Such a mission is difficult, life at Rohlik is difficult - it is not for everyone.
Company name: Rohlik
Remote job title: Maintenance Manager
Job tags: e-commerce, food