Festivals & Events Manager
Remote job description
- Event & project management through full event life cycle ?" planning, to delivery and post event debrief
- Overview of account management of key partnerships, third-party relationships, and internal stakeholders ?" involves frequent external and internal negotiation
- Involves acquisition, retention and development of festival volunteers and event participants
- Managing existing processes including Health & Safely, Safeguarding
- Budget management and event planning one year ahead
- May involve line management of grade D staff & team of freelancer festival coordinators & events staff
- This post will require time spent on event sites including weekend working. Weekend work is required 5-6 times a year. Evening work is required on occasion.
- Due to the seasonal nature of events work it is expected that the successful post holder will be unable to take extended holiday during May - August. Unsocial hours, living on festival and events sites during the summer, and travelling to other parts of the UK are key dimensions to this role
- Overseeing the effective operational delivery of a portfolio of festivals and events activity to secure fundraising income, whilst ensuring future growth potential.
- Working across multiple teams at Oxfam to deliver a first class supporter journey, including marketing and communications that will optimise volunteer and event participant recruitment and retention, drive income & fundraising growth, enhance communication, and engage thousands of people to align with Oxfam's cause
- Responsible for working in tandem with partners and clients, planning their operational requirements and making proposals that will ensure future retention and increase Oxfam's fundraising and levels of engagement.
- Implementing proactive safeguarding & health and safety practice to ensure the safety and welfare of all Oxfam's volunteers and participants is always maintained.
- On site event delivery at a number of festivals & events ?" leading a team of events staff and volunteers to deliver gold stand festival stewarding operation or challenge events operation
- Planning and managing event budgets to deliver high quality projects on time and within budget.
- Managing internal stakeholders, whilst maintaining key third-party relationships, ensuring retention and development through provision of outstanding service delivery.
- Designing processes and procedures to ensure all learning and knowledge is stored and managed to drive consistency and improvements in our service.
- Managing, monitoring, and reporting on specific supporter information, activity, or projects through Oxfam GB's CRM Ecosystem (E.g. Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, Festivals Database).
- Working with the Head of Festivals to identify opportunities for business development and growth ?" being the eyes and ears of the opportunities on site and with clients.
Experience, Knowledge & Competencies:
For this role, you will be expected to role model Oxfam's feminist leadership approach and we have selected the most relevant feminist leadership practices which we will use for assessment purposes (which you can read more about here):
- Relationship building
High level knowledge and experience of festival/event planning and logistics
Experience of volunteer and / or event participant management on a significant scale
Ability to lead on high quality projects on time and within budget
Good self-management, self-awareness and the ability to demonstrate compassion and empathy - this role is about leading by supporting others, rather than by directing and commanding
Project management with a proven ability in managing resources effectively
Experience of health and safety related to outdoor event sites, including writing and implementing risk assessments & following health & safety policy
Exceptional organisational and planning skills with ability to manage significant workload
Flexible and adaptable to work effectively on different multidisciplinary project groups and teams
Excellent communication skills and an ability to manage key partners and third-party relationships
Self-starter with the ability to use initiative and make decisions independently
Relationship building skills with the ability to influence within a complex and dynamic organisation.
Budget management ?" P & L, budget setting
IT literate, with good working experience / knowledge of database systems
Experience of line management, and coaching or mentoring junior staff
Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities with the ability to problem solve under pressure
Full, clean driving license At interview, shortlisted candidates will also be assessed on our values and organisational attributes, as outlined above.
Data and operationally minded, with an ability to analyse and communicate complex information to a wide range of audiences
Lived experience (s) or evidence of learning/taking action on anti-racism and inequalities
An ability to plan and create engaging content for a diverse range of channels.
IOSH Managing safely qualification or equivalent
Deadline: 18 October 2022Summary
Company name: Oxfam International
Remote job title: Festivals & Events Manager