Director of Procurement
Remote job description
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone-come make with us!
As the Director of Procurement, you will be responsible for establishing and managing the procurement function at Figma, including the oversight of all procurement operations and strategic sourcing needs. You will manage a team that owns the full end-to-end procure-to-pay cycle, including initial sourcing, contract and deal negotiation, vendor onboarding and maintenance, and the buyer experience. Additionally you will oversee all travel and expense initiatives, and play a crucial role in supporting the financial planning and budgeting process at the company with a focus of helping mitigate operational risk. This is a tremendous opportunity to strategically build and scale the procurement function of our business in a hyper growth environment. You will report to the VP Controller.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you'll do at Figma:
- Develop the vision and strategy to build a best-in-class procurement team to support Figma's global business operations
- Establish and maintain the daily operations of the global procurement functions including strategic sourcing, buyer experience, procurement operations, and travel & expense
- Lead all supplier contract negotiations to optimize existing and new vendor relationships and represent the business throughout the sourcing process
- Oversee the company-wide rollout of a purchase order program, including the necessary technology and relevant training materials
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and cross-functional partners throughout the business to help drive operational efficiencies and mitigate risk within spend management
- Rigorously assess what vendors are used throughout the business and develop a strategy for the vendor life-cycle, including sourcing and selection of new vendors, data management for existing vendors, and off-boarding and transition of vendors as needed
- Create and develop relevant financial metrics and performance dashboards on spend management to share with executive leadership
- Identify and realize cost-saving opportunities and build a culture of promoting healthy, long-term savings without compromising quality
- Support overall Accounting team initiatives such as streamlining the monthly close process, assisting with external audits, and establishing better internal controls for future SOX compliance
- Provide guidance and support on other adhoc procurement projects such as M&A and global expansion
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 10+ years of strategic sourcing and procurement operations experience, preferably in a high growth, multi-national technology environment
- 4+ years of people management experience with proven ability to hire, develop, and mentor a team of professionals
- Expert negotiating skills and deep understanding of the sourcing process
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including communication, directing, planning, organizing and problem solving
- Ability to remain nimble to changing business needs and remain an effective decision maker within a hyper growth environment
- Prior experience with running procurement operations (purchase order management, data analysis, payment runs, etc)
- Experience with various procurement systems and travel & expense tool implementations a big plus
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process-idea to design to build-and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace-we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Company name: Figma
Remote job title: Director of Procurement
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, design, mobile, photos, software