Staff Technical Writer
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action-giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Confluent is looking for an experienced Technical Writer to help document Confluent Platform, a more complete distribution of the Apache Kafka distributed streaming platform. We are looking for a writer with a passion for technology and communication. Confluent has a culture that values documentation, which means you will get contributions from engineers, the community, and more! You will make it easy for developers to build a streaming platform and put it at the heart of every company.
- Work directly with Marketing, Engineering, Product, Support, and Sales to deliver best-of-breed documentation that ensures customer success.
- Define information architecture and make informed decisions on existing content.
- Produce documentation with unified examples, consistent style, and jaw-dropping quality.
- Work with the tools and marketing team to publish documentation in an SEO-friendly, searchable, browsable, and automated way.
What We're Looking For:
- 10+ years of experience writing technical documentation for an external developer audience.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent information architecture and information design skills.
- Experience working with open source technologies and communities.
- Ability to work in a modern documentation toolchain, including advanced GitHub expertise.
- Experience using reStructuredText, Markdown, or equivalent.
- Experience reading code in languages such as Java or Python
- Experience using or documenting distributed systems technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science, Learning Technology, or related field.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.Summary
Company name: confluent
Remote job title: Staff Technical Writer
Job tags: open-source, big data, infrastructure
location or timezone
categoryMedia and Communication
posted386 days ago