Creative Strategist, KarmaLab
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
TL;DR - We're looking for a Creative Strategist to join Reddit's KarmaLab team.
What on earth is KarmaLab? Great question. KarmaLab sits within Reddit's advertising sales organization and acts as a conduit between brands and Reddit culture. Our primary job is to help advertisers understand how to show up on Reddit to support their business goals. In simple terms, we are Reddit's in-house creative strategy team - an inclusive group of wonderful people with a potent mix of disciplines, trying our best to have a good 'ol time while delivering results for advertisers on this wild ride we all call "the internet."
More about you...
First and foremost, you are passionate about brand and performance advertising, culture, and know Reddit like the back of your proverbial hand. You will be closing the gaps between brands and the every-day magic of Reddit by mining the platform for insights and transforming them into Reddit-centric creative concepts.
What you'll do:
- Invent ad concepts and campaigns that balance the needs of our clients with the tastes of our audience.
- Write concept pitches, RFP responses and communications that embody Reddit's sensibilities with a focus on QSR and CPG business verticals
- Help translate client value propositions into language and visuals that Redditors find appealing and actionable.
- Create deliverables in the form of narrative-driven presentations, white papers, and digital or IRL workshops that convey Reddit's Business proposition creative success strategies in support of specific business goals.
- Act as a creative consultant and platform expert to Reddit's advertiser sales teams, with a concentration in QSR and CPG.
Who You Are:
- You have a deep knowledge of Reddit, its language & communities (bonus points for solid karma)
- You're a collaborator with powerfully persuasive written & verbal communication
- You demonstrate creative flexibility & curiosity...You approach new challenges, clients, verticals and markets with equal enthusiasm
- You thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- You possess a keen ability to shift perspective with ease to see opportunities through the lens of both the Reddit communities and a brand, creating something wonderful in the space between
- You're comfortable commanding a room (or Zoom) to champion Reddit's creative possibilities and platform efficacy
- You have a body of creative work that champions your brilliant thinking
- 6+ years of experience in advertising, PR, media, and/or social media
- Proven understanding of the relationship between creative agencies, media agencies & brands
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Proficient in Keynote/PPT, Google Slides and Adobe Photoshop/Adobe CC
- Experience writing professionally for the internet - blogs articles, social media
- Media platform and/or creative agency experience
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and will also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.The base pay range for this position is:
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Creative Strategist, KarmaLab
Job tags: Photoshop, social media, advertising