Team Lead, Community Management
Remote job description
Squarespace Customer Operations is looking for a Team Lead to manage a small team of Community Managers. Our Community team owns the strategy, content, and operations of our webinar and forum programs.
You're a leader, community manager, or content strategist with a passion for people management and collaborating cross-functionally within a fast-paced technical support organization. We prefer that you're comfortable with getting hands-on in content and subject matter while working reactively on concurrent open-ended problems.
You'll report to the Director of Customer Education and can be based in our Portland, New York, or Dublin offices, or remotely in select US states (see application question).
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority and we will continue to monitor the status of COVID?19.
You'll Get To...
- Lead a small team of Community Managers responsible for our webinar and forum programs
- Drive the strategy of our webinar and forum programs, including content creation, operations, and staffing to affect KPIs
- Work side-by-side with the team to run webinars and moderate the forum; since it's a small team you'll also be responsible for taking on some of the tasks, moderation, content creation, and content review that helps keep our programs running
- Manage the team's backlog and lead weekly sprint ceremonies
- Review and provide feedback on Community Managers' project or content work
- Seek creative solutions to ensure our webinar content and community engagement strategy scales and lead the team to implement them
- Work with Product, Product Support, and Product Marketing to improve our processes around product launches and ensure we have up-to-date content
- Foster a data-driven mindset, using metrics to inform content strategies that increase community engagement, product adoption, and self-service
- Work with owners of our help documentation and KB videos to create a holistic content ecosystem
Who We're Looking For
- 3 to 8 years of experience in community management, support, or technical educational content
- 1 to 3 years of experience managing or coaching, either as a direct manager or in a program management capacity
- Experience with content and/or community management strategy
- Strong project/process management and prioritization skills
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Company name: Squarespace
Remote job title: Team Lead, Community Management
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, smb, soho, websites