Social Media Specialist
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action-giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About The Role:
Our organic social media team is looking for a creative and data-driven social strategist to help execute and refine our social media and influencer program that tells our data in motion story to the world. This person will work closely with the Head of Social Media to add value across strategy ideation, content creation, distribution, and analysis. In addition to social media campaigns, this role will own the development, management and on-going optimization of an employee advocacy program that enables our employees to tell our story through their authentic voices This is a unique opportunity to grow your skills, experiment with new tactics, make a huge impact, and help develop a world class organic social media program.
What You Will Do:
- Create impactful social-first content that engages audiences and inspires them to learn, share and try
- Maintain a global social calendar and execute day-to-day tactics
- Experiment and fine-tune tactics across emerging and established social platforms
- Analyze, track, and measure performance against KPIs to continually optimize and refine the social media program
- Conduct social listening and proactive response management
- Activate and manage an employee advocacy and social selling program
- Uncover new opportunities for Confluent to share its unique voice in trends relevant to the company and our audiences
What You Will Bring:
- 2-3 years experience supporting measurably great social media program(s) for a brand with at least 10K followers on a single channel
- Creative storyteller with experience in social media, external communications, journalism, or other marketing communications disciplines
- Exceptional communication and writing skills, with an ability to distill technical concepts into digestible and engaging short-form content
- Demonstrated experience in developing social media content from start to finish (high level concepts to publication)
- Deep understanding of social media platforms and how audiences interact across them to unlock their full potential
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and willingness to embrace change and adapt strategies on the fly
- High-bar for quality and meticulous attention to detail
- A passion for internet culture and the evolving digital/social media environment, stays current on cultural trends and what's culturally relevant online across different platforms
What Gives You An Edge:
- In-house B2B tech experience or agency experience with B2B tech clients
- B2B influencer marketing experience
- Proficiency in social media management tools like Falcon.io
- Experience working with social listening software like Brandwatch or Sprinklr Listening
- Experience building and growing employee advocacy programs
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Company name: confluent
Remote job title: Social Media Specialist
Job tags: open-source, big data, infrastructure