Senior UX Content Strategist, Frontsite
Remote job description
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart, trying our best to allow our products to help anyone to tell their story to the world beautifully. The UX Content Strategy team is looking for a UX Content Strategist who also has a great knack for marketing content. The UX Content Strategist would own content across Squarespace.com, from tour pages to contextual help, from navigation hierarchy to page structures. We're looking for someone who can use words to design thoughtful, accessible, and approachable user experiences.
You enjoy working with technical and detail-oriented people, as well as big thinkers and creative types. You love to collaborate, harnessing feedback from senior-level partners, providing solutions that match their intent, and align everyone to push us forward. You know how prioritize your projects and, you don't need all the details to get started.
You'll be involved throughout the process for many user-facing projects in the product organization. Your go-to team consists of product designers, product managers, engineers, marketing, and more. Your role stretches across an equally diverse range of departments, including Product Marketing, Product Design, Brand Design, and Brand Strategy. You will report to the UX Content Strategy manager at our New York office.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority and we will continue to monitor the status of COVID?19.
- Write and maintain UI copy and product/service page content across Squarespace.com
- Partner with technical, brand, and marketing writers, strategists, and managers to connect messaging with our overall voice and objectives
- Work with product designers, product marketing, brand strategy, SEO, and other teams on wireframes, prototypes, and concepts
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Continually seek to understand the capabilities and constraints of the systems with which you'll be working
- Advocate for language in product design
- At least 6+ years of combined experience in UX content strategy and in writing marketing-focused copy for global, consumer-facing products
- Deep awareness of UX and how copy and design work together
- Passionate about consistency and details
- Experience working on product content that incorporates both visual and written elements
- Experience in creating content for international audiences
- Ability to ask probing questions to and give/receive feedback in an iterative environment
- Excellent sounding board; comfortable pointing out when a design could be better
- Experience preparing source language for localization
- Experience using tools like Figma, or similar
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your experience in the design process, writing different types of UX copy, and solving user problems through content.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Company name: Squarespace
Remote job title: Senior UX Content Strategist, Frontsite
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, smb, soho, websites