Senior Technical Marketing Manager
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action-giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
Confluent is looking for an experienced technical communicator with software development experience to help drive adoption and awareness of Confluent among technical audiences such as developers, architects, and technical executives. Confluent makes it easy to use Apache Kafka to set your data in motion, and we need your help in creating compelling market-facing technical materials that help bring Confluent to life. You'll work closely with our product marketing, product management, and developer relations teams as you show users like yourself exactly how Confluent can help them overcome their challenges.
What You will Do:
- Create, maintain and support compelling demos and examples that showcase the value of Confluent
- Work with product and product marketing teams to determine technical content plans across solutions, use cases, differentiated features, and product launches geared towards a technical audience
- Author technical blogs, whitepapers, and reference architectures on Confluent solutions, use cases, and features, as well as Apache Kafka and data analytics more broadly
- Engage with technical influencers and contributors looking to learn more about Confluent and Apache Kafka or to evaluate streaming alternatives across online third-party platforms
- Evangelize solutions to the most common and high-impact use cases that our customers are facing in webinars, talks, documentation, and examples
- Identify any product gaps inhibiting GTM success for Confluent and work with Product Management to prioritize developer needs into the roadmap
What You will Bring:
- An experienced software developer, technical sales engineer, solutions architect, technical marketing manager, trainer, curriculum developer, technical writer or developer relations person might all be good fits for this role
- Ability to write top-quality code samples and mini-applications to tie our technology offerings to our marketing initiatives
- Some knowledge about distributed systems, maybe even Kafka
- Experience recording screencasts and instructional videos of your talks and articles
- A track record of working in a cross-functional role that balances the needs of different stakeholders, while still prioritizing the customer/developer
What Gives you an Edge:
- Good JVM language programmer (Java preferred) with experience in other commonly used languages and technologies
- The curiosity to keep up to date on the latest technologies related to Confluent, streaming data, and distributed systems
- Practical experience with cloud architectures, fully managed cloud services, and comparable offerings from cloud service providers
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Company name: confluent
Remote job title: Senior Technical Marketing Manager
Job tags: open-source, big data, infrastructure