Senior Manager, User Acquisition
Remote job description
Citizen is the No. 1 personal safety app in the U.S., with a mission to Protect the World. Citizen provides 911 alerts so people can use their phones to keep themselves, and the people and places they love, safe.
Citizen Agents "an in-house, highly trained team of safety experts"power the free product, providing real-time 911 safety alerts to people who are nearby active safety incidents. Citizen safety alerts have helped people evacuate burning buildings, returned hundreds of missing children to their families, and have become part of the social safety infrastructure of most major US cities. Citizen Agents work around the clock to moderate a unique blend of publicly reported incidents and user generated video/comments to provide live on-the-ground safety coverage.
Citizen's first paid product "Citizen Premium"allows users to reach Citizen Agents for their protection 24/7. Citizen Agents have helped thousands of subscribers stay safe, deescalating tense domestic situations, routing emergency help to remote locations, and helping people travel safely through cities at night.
Already relied on by 9+ million people every day, Citizen will continue to expand and upgrade public safety in major cities around the world. We're looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to join the team.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Goodwater Capital, and Founders Fund and has raised $100M+ in VC funding.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the VP of Growth, the Senior Manager of User Acquisition is responsible for building and scaling multichannel acquisition marketing strategies to drive short and long-term profitable growth for Citizen. You will partner with our agency to create the foundation for successful paid marketing campaigns. You will quickly learn where the most effective and scalable spend can be deployed to drive acquisition with a favorable LTV:CAC and grow brand/product awareness. You will develop and manage against forecasts to meet company targets.
What You'll Do Here:
- Drive paid user acquisition at the most optimal level through performance marketing across digital platforms such as Google, TikTok, Meta, Apple Search, and Influencer Networks
- Build strategies for scaling and optimizing mobile app acquisition campaigns to drive installs, sign-ups, trail starts, and subscription revenue
- Own our growth roadmap by brainstorming new growth experiments and helping prioritize what to build
- Manage media agency relationships to ensure alignment with business goals, accurate campaign execution, and deriving insights to inform business decisions
- Testing and managing various user acquisition channels (paid and unpaid)
- Work together with business operations and finance on forecasting, ensuring proper pacing against plans
- Pinpointing issues that are hampering growth for the business and develop corresponding solutions
- Deep understanding of the product, drop-offs, limitations, on and off boarding, etc
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years of experience managing 5M+ UA budgets and app campaigns
- Experience scaling member acquisition with a proven record of success reducing CAC
- Direct experience with analytics and attribution solutions and tools in the mobile ecosystem including SKAdNetwork and MMPs
- Experience in working with Product teams on utilizing growth methods and insights to drive product features and future content
- Strong analytical skills, including A/B testing, web metrics, and sales metrics
- Expertise in cohort-based analytics and LTV/CAC based decision making
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Company name: Citizen
Remote job title: Senior Manager, User Acquisition
Job tags: A/B Testing, LTV, Budgeting