Senior Manager, Americas Field Marketing
Remote job description
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we're looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the Role:
With more than +200 million downloads, there's a reason why companies are flocking to work with Kong and our open source API Gateway: We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today's developers build tomorrow's technology. Our team works on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a "central nervous system" for data and services.
In this role, you will own the Americas field marketing strategy aligned to pipeline targets using a variety of marketing vehicles and tactics including, account based marketing programs, regional campaigns, targeted field events, and direct mail. You will serve as one of the primary liaisons between the sales team and Marketing. Working closely with the Americas Regional VPs, Territory Account Managers, Sales Development Reps, and the Marketing team. You will leverage a team that is running at the bleeding edge of marketing with a large scale digital ABM strategy that is global and orchestrated across multi-channels.
- Why should you want to work at Kong?
- Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- APIs are driving innovation across every industry!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
- Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder - "We are the Cisco of L4 and L7" - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
- Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a "Konger" and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees discuss our culture at our 2020 Company Kickoff
- Building Great Products - Learn why the world's largest companies love our tech!
- Kong Named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
- Develop data-driven & customer obsessed field programs that successfully engage key contacts at target accounts; and ultimately generate and accelerate sales opportunities and pipeline.
- Achieve Interlock with regional field sales leaders to ensure ongoing agreement on priorities, making adjustments to accommodate changing market conditions and emerging opportunities; attend regular sales meetings & regional quarterly business reviews.
- Create & execute field program strategy derived from evaluation of target audiences, demand generation engine performance, and analysis of conversion rates.
- Orchestrate resources across Marketing to maximize integrated efforts and support the team in achieving shared goals. Primary liaison between Field Sales and Marketing.
- Collaborate with central marketing functions such as campaigns, web, event, digital, operations and analytics to help design and execute program plans that deliver measurable results.
- Build playbooks and repeatable regional account marketing and sales development programs to generate and accelerate pipeline for new and existing accounts using roundtables, nurture emails, landing pages, direct mail, ABM tactics, ads, and sales enablement.
- Use data and analytics (using SFDC and Pardot/Marketo) to draw insights, continually optimize campaigns, and inform internal stakeholders of performance (e.g., product marketing, content, sales)
- Responsible for end to end campaign & program planning, project management, and logistics, from research & initial planning to post program follow up. This includes vendor management/negotiation, sales enablement, data cleansing/tracking, archiving, and maintenance of all assets.
- Be an advocate for the marketing team and enable the sales team with go-to-market priorities and leverage marketing programs to support pipeline generation.
- Anything else required by manager
- 7+ years experience in marketing with a minimum 8+ years in B2B marketing required.
- Analytical and metrics driven, with a desire to launch, learn, and iterate to continually improve programs.
- Grit, flexibility, and excitement to be in a player-coach role.
- Exceptionally strong writing, presentation and verbal communications skills, with the ability to clearly and simply articulate concepts, messages and strategies.
- Proficiency with marketing automation platforms (Marketo, Pardot, 6sense, etc).
- Experience with SFDC, running reports, campaign management, SiriusDecisions best practices and lead management.
- Enterprise and Commercial segment experience; Industry marketing experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines, while staying organized.
- Ability to work across the organization, especially with sales, at all levels to strategize and execute on all marketing programs.
- Passion for results, measurement and optimization to continuously drive ROI
- GREAT attention to detail, highly organized yet able to see the "big picture"
- Ability to handle moving parts, switch gears quickly, and juggle many projects at the same time
- Engaging and outgoing personality
- Fast learner that proactively tackles challenges
- Strong work ethic, sense of urgency and desire to succeed
- Team player
- Must be a good problem solver and an intuitive thinker
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today's developers build tomorrow's technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we're relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That's why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That's why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we're looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong's service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
Company name: Kong
Remote job title: Senior Manager, Americas Field Marketing
Job tags: open-source, api, dev ops / tech ops, infrastructure, software, saas