Senior Field Marketing Manager Central
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action-giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
The Senior Field Marketing Manager - Central is responsible for the strategy, plan development and execution of the regional marketing plan that meet the growth objectives of the business - with a strong emphasis on driving pipeline generation across enterprise, geo and commercial accounts, as well as accelerating pipeline velocity. The role reports to the Sr. Manager, Field Marketing - West Central and will also support strong partnership with the Sales organization, as well as key stakeholders within the Marketing organization.
What You Will Do:
- Build and execute the Central regional marketing plan aligned to sales priorities, pipeline and revenue goals, with defined metrics for success.
- Support a cross-functional team consisting of sales leaders, account executives, sales development reps, and partner development reps in the Central.
- Manage all facets of the Central marketing plan, including development, program tactics, metrics and budget.
- Create and execute field programs incorporating partners and multi-channel promotion to drive pipeline in the Central region, including SDR call campaigns, new logo door openers, targeted events, regional shows, executive and third-party programs, and account-based activities for expansion.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team including regional Sales, SDRs, partner development managers, as well as marketing stakeholders (campaigns, digital, partner and customer marketing, and marketing operations) to align, develop and execute regional programs on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with marketing stakeholders to identify the most relevant marketing messages, use cases, assets, channels, and calls to action for personas and account segments in the Central region.
- Align and collaborate with sales enablement and SDR teams to increase program adoption and ensure SLAs for lead follow up are met.
- Responsible for reporting to accurately measure business impact on pipeline/bookings (sourced/influenced), database growth and account/persona engagement.
What You Will Bring:
- 5-7+ years of proven field marketing experience within enterprise software/SaaS, including experience working closely with Sales to build and deliver regional marketing plans across commercial, geo and named account segments.
- Proven track record of generating pipeline in net new logos and expanding customer accounts.
- Proactive self-starter, demonstrating high initiative and critical thinking. Proven ability to think strategically, but with flawless attention to detail in execution.
- Positive, can-do attitude with demonstrated ability to achieve results working cross-functionally with sales, SDR, partner and extended marketing teams.
- Experience working both independently and within close teams in a fast-paced remote work environment, and the ability to prioritize/manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly organized and efficient with the ability to develop and execute against an evolving plan with strong project management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Able to clearly communicate new ideas, programs, processes and outcomes to both internal and external stakeholders
- Data-driven mindset with an understanding of pipeline management and metrics, and a focus on quantifiable outcomes derived from field marketing programs.
- Demonstrated experience sourcing and overseeing third-party vendors for marketing program execution.
- Team player with the flexibility to adjust to the dynamic nature of a high-growth organization
- Domestic travel to support customer-facing events ~30% (when it is safe to do so).
What Gives You An Edge:
- Hands-on CRM/marketing automation tools, preferably Salesforce and Marketo.
- Experience with tools including Splash, Jira and Asana a plus
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Company name: confluent
Remote job title: Senior Field Marketing Manager Central
Job tags: open-source, big data, infrastructure