Senior Content Designer
Remote job description
What you'll be doing
You'll be collaborating with other Wisers in a cross-functional team at the intersection of marketing and product. You'll contribute to how our product is positioned, how our welcome experiences come to life, and how we onboard customers in their first interactions with us. We're trying to build the world's best account opening experience and help millions of new customers get started on Wise quickly, securely and with zero hassle.
And while your home is your product team, you'll also be part of the Content Guild, collaborating with writers across Wise, at weekly and ad-hoc crits.
How you'll be contributing:
- You'll get to know Wise customers, building empathy and deep understanding of their needs.
- You'll use your expertise to discover, design and deliver simple, beautifully crafted, intuitive experiences that customers love.
- You'll be influential in your team, increasing customer-centeredness, creativity, and content quality.
In this role you'll:
- Ship work you're proud of.
- Own your impact. Product teams decide what opportunities to work on, and define their success metrics.
- Elevate product quality. You define what 'good' looks like to your team. And you help them deliver it.
- Be part of a positive change in the world. We're fixing a broken, greedy system, and putting people and businesses in control of their money.
- You're a great writer with a strong background creating clear, effective, and empathetic content for apps and services.
- You've got solid experience as a content designer or UX writer. You've written for digital products across both mobile and web interfaces - with a portfolio of impactful work to show for it
- You're always happy to explain your process, and demonstrate how your content solves real customer problems.
- You're collaborative and set a strong example with your craft. You find ways to teach and build conviction in others - across teams, offices and cultures.
- You know how best to test content, feel comfortable picking up new, relevant design tools, and use data to prioritise what you work on.
- You can give and receive feedback constructively, and you're always keen to learn.
- And as a heads up, this probably isn't for you if
- Your experience is mostly in marketing content, advertising, copywriting, journalism or social media.
- You need a structured briefing process to do your best work - here we expect everyone to shape the way they work and the impact they have on the product.
We're people without borders - without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you're passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you'll fit right in. And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we'd especially love to hear from you if you're from an under-represented demographic.
Also, academic qualifications aren't that important to us. If you've got great experience, and you're great at articulating your thinking, we'd like to hear from you.
Company name: Wise
Remote job title: Senior Content Designer
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, forex, sharing economy